It has been forever since I shared a recipe on the blog! This one was so good I had to share! I have been experimenting a lot in the kitchen so maybe this will become a series? Tasty Thursday? What do you think?
On Sunday morning I woke up knowing that I wanted to be hands off, some Sundays I love to nurse different pots and spend my entire day in the kitchen. Other Sundays, (like this one) I just want to set it and forget it. So I took a look at my crockpot board on Pinterest and decided I’d be making some Pork Tenderloin for dinner!
I love pork tenderloin because of the high protein/low fat content. You can pretty much make this with everything, rice, salad, mashed potatoes or even vegetables–it’s versatile like that! This tenderloin is glazed with a perfect tangy sweet glaze that is not too overpowering but so delicious!
I didn’t have all of the ingredients–the original recipe called for sage (so I put my favorite parsley instead) and a fresh garlic clove (I used 1/2 tsp minced garlic instead–I like garlic a lot) The best part of the recipe for me was the actual browning of the pork…I love a crisp skin on meat, I would have browned it even more but my hubs might have objected a bit 🙂
Crockpot Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin Recipe
This amazing pork tenderloin recipe will impress even the most pickiest eater. The glaze is the star of the show!
- 2 pounds Pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon Ground sage
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 clove Garlic; crushed
- ½ cup Water
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cup Water
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- Mix together the seasonings: sage, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Rub over tenderloin. Place ½ cup water in slow cooker; place tenderloin in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- A hour before the roast is finished, mix together the ingredients for the glaze in a small sauce pan: brown sugar, cornstarch, balsamic vinegar, water, soy sauce.
- Heat over medium and stir until mixture thickens, about 4 minutes.
- Brush roast with glaze 2 or 3 times during the last hour of cooking. (For a more caramelized crust: remove from crockpot and place on aluminum lined sheet pan, glaze, and set under broiler for 1-2 minutes until bubbly and caramelized. Repeat 2 to 3 more times until desired crust is achieved.)
- Serve with remaining glaze on the side.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 299 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 110mg Sodium: 563mg Carbohydrates: 19g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 16g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 40g