This post is sponsored by The Quaker Oats Company, but all opinions are my own.
We are almost a month into Back To School season around here and as quickly as Summer Mommy Camp has ended, we have jumped right into a very hectic and crazy morning routine. This routine is dramatically different–we have now added breakfast, morning snacks, day snacks AND lunch preparation to the mix. Between getting all of those things ready AND somehow making sure those kids look like normal humans it can turn into a pretty insane morning. Today I’m sharing some tips to help the school morning routine go a bit smoother.
5 Tips To Make Your School Morning Routine Easier
- Plan as much as you can the night before: Whenever I get the chance, I try to do some of the smaller manageable things such as bag snacks into sandwich bags, iron uniforms, and make lunches. It doesn’t happen every single night because of scheduling issues but when I AM able to do it, it makes a huge difference for how the morning goes.
- Involve the kids: The boys love to help me make their lunch in the morning. Whether it is gathering all of the ingredients from the fridge, or rinsing out their containers, they love to help mom and extra hands definitely make a huge difference.
- Set Expectations: There are some mornings when the kids don’t want a certain type of breakfast and it can become a point of contention to say the least. Every evening I let the kids know what they are going to have in the morning, therefore there aren’t any issues when it’s time to eat.
- Stay on top of supplies: Nothing is more frustrating than not having a critical part of lunch or breakfast preparation. Since school started I have been more in tune with what we are running low on by keeping a magnetic dry erase board on our fridge. Every time we run out of an item, or get close to running out, each family member is responsible for writing what that item is on the board. (Even the 5 year old)
- Eat Breakfast with the kids: Once you get everything done, set up breakfast for the kids and have your own! It is a fantastic way to bond with them and set the tone for their day. Quaker Overnight Oats is a fantastic option because you can set up your breakfast choice in just a few minutes the night before.
Here’s How It Works:
At night, simply add milk or your non-dairy option of choice to the single-serve container. Let the mixture cold steep overnight in the refrigerator to create a cool and hearty breakfast option that is ready to enjoy the next morning without any of the morning hassle. It’s as easy as steep, sleep and eat!
- 100% Whole Grain, and other grains
- Good Source of Dietary Fiber (10 grams of fat or less per container)
- No Artificial Flavors
- No Added Colors
- At least 11g of Protein when prepared with ½ cup of Vitamin A and Vitamin D Fortified Skim Milk
- Blueberry Banana & Vanilla Bliss
- Toasted Coconut & Almond Crunch
- Orchard Peach Pecan Perfection
- Raisin Walnut & Honey Heaven