These Strawberry Cream Cheese Hand Pies are made with fresh strawberries and are so delicious! Using pre made pie crust these treats are perfect for any occasion!
I am a big fan of strawberries, I love them in pretty much any and everything. When I think of sweet treats, strawberries are my jam! (see what I did there?)
Today I’ve got a fun recipe for strawberry hand pies. They are the kind of fun treat that you can make and take with you to go or even put in the kids lunchbox for a yummy snack.
This recipe makes 10 pies.
What do I need to make these strawberry cream cheese hand pies?
Paring Knife Fork
What ingredients do you need to make these delicious hand pies?
2 cups strawberries
1 cup sugar
Zest of one lemon
1 tbsp corn starch
juice of the lemon (or 2 tbsp water) 2 store bought pie crust
2-3 tablespoons Sugar in the Raw
Where would I serve these strawberry cream cheese hand pies?
These are great for anytime, a fun dessert or snack that you can make with super simple ingredients.
Easy Strawberry Cream Cheese Hand Pies
These easy and delicious strawberry cream cheese hand pies are so good and easy to take anywhere!
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- juice of the lemon (or 2 tbsp water)
- 2 store bought pie crust
- 2-3 tablespoons Sugar in the Raw
- Cook strawberries and sugar in a heavy bottom skillet. After 4-5 mins Smash up the berries.
- Let it reduce to a jam consistency.
- Add in the slurry (cornstarch plus lemon juice OR water)
- Cut pie crust into 5 inch circles using a small bowl
- Place dough on parchment lined trays.
- Smooth on one tsp cream cheese to the center of the dough.
- Add 1 tsp of the strawberry jam to the center.
- Brush Egg wash (1 egg + 1 tsp water) on the outer rim of a second piece of dough.
- Place that dough circle on top of the circle with the filling and use a form to seal the edges. Brush the top with egg wash and sprinkle on Sugar in the Raw.
- Vent the top crust, with a small slit.
- Bake in 375-degree oven for 18-20 mins or until golden brown.
You could use premade strawberry preserves for this recipe and have a super quick pie snack.
While making the jam from scratch it will be important to keep stirring the mixture in the pot as it cooks because it can and will burn.
Once the slurry is added the mixture will thicken quickly.
Amount Per Serving Calories 278Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 0mgSodium 160mgCarbohydrates 49gFiber 2gSugar 29gProtein 2g
For more yummy strawberry recipes be sure to check out:
Easy Air Fryer Strawberry Turnovers
Easy Strawberry Mimosas: Brunch Favorites
Refreshing Strawberry Moscow Mule Drink
The Most Gorgeous Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!
Friday 8th of October 2021
Question: I know the recipe calls for 1 tsp. cream cheese to be spread onto each round, but cream cheese is missing from the ingredients list. I was getting ready to make these and just happened to notice. Luckily, I have cream cheese on hand and read through the recipe prior to making.
Sunday 10th of October 2021