Have you ever wondered about how to make tasty chicken tenders from scratch? These homemade crispy chicken tenders are so good and easy to make!
My kids tastes have varied over the years. One minute they love something and can’t get enough of it and the next minute they look at it as if it were the most disgusting thing ever.
I literally can’t keep up.
One thing that has been consistent though is their love for chicken tenders. I think I can safely say that if there was a vote for most favorite food, kids would vote for chicken tenders and French fries.
It’s so popular that you can find it on most restaurant menus. It’s so convenient and it helps even the pickiest child feel comforted.
Today I am giving you a simple recipe for baked homemade crispy chicken tenders. You will make these all the time! (The frozen ones won’t compare!)
What ingredients are in these homemade baked chicken tenders?
1 cup flour (all purpose, gluten free etc)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tsp Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper 3 large eggs
5 cups tangy bbq chips, crushed – this is the game changer! It adds so much flavor to the tenders.
2 pounds boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
What equipment do you need to make these chicken tenders?
All you need is 3 bowls, a baking sheet and some parchment paper.
When to serve these homemade chicken tenders?
Anytime. It can be a nice shakeup to the dinner routine, or even the lunch routine! Kids love these and because the ingredients are so simple it’s easy to make on the fly.
Make sure that your chicken is cooked all the way through with a meat thermometer that hits 165° when done.
These yummy homemade crispy chicken tenders are so great and perfect for anytime!
- 1 cup flour (all purpose, gluten free etc)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tsp Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper 3 large eggs
- 5 cups tangy bbq chips, crushed
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- Preheat the oven to 450°F
- Lightly beat three eggs in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine flour and seasonings in a bowl mix to incorporate.
- Crush barbecue chips in a plastic Ziploc bag and then pour into a medium-size bowl for dredging. Lightly sprinkle chicken tenders with salt and pepper
- Coat the tenders in flour, Then egg, then coat in barbecue chips and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes on one side flip over and bake for an additional 10 minutes
- Serve with honey mustard, ranch, or ketchup.
The tenders should be fully cooked through before serving baking them in a high heat oven at 450° will help the internal temperature of the chicken tenders rise quickly
Amount Per Serving Calories 642Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 26gCholesterol 111mgSodium 688mgCarbohydrates 61gFiber 4gSugar 5gProtein 32g