Get ready to experience all the flavors of a classic apple pie in an entirely new way. Introducing Air Fryer Apple Pie Bombs—a quick, easy, and absolutely scrumptious dessert that you can whip up in a matter of minutes. Made with biscuit dough and filled with delicious apple pie filling, these little treats are like mini apple pie donut holes, perfect for snacking or serving at parties.
Can I Use Homemade Apple Pie Filling?
Absolutely! While store-bought apple pie filling works great for this recipe, homemade apple pie filling will give you the best results if you have the time.
What’s the Best Air Fryer to Use?
Any standard air fryer should work for this recipe. Just make sure to use parchment paper or lightly spray the basket of your air fryer with nonstick cooking spray.
Can I Make These in a Convection Oven?
Yes, if you don’t have an air fryer, a convection oven can be used. You may need to adjust the cooking time slightly.
Tips and Tricks
- First Step: Use a rolling pin to flatten each of the grand biscuits into a 4-inch circle. This will be the base for your apple pie bombs.
- Room Temperature: Make sure your biscuit dough is at room temperature before you start working with it for the best results.
- Melted Butter: Brushing the bombs with melted butter before air frying gives them a decadent dessert touch and helps them turn golden brown.
- Different Spices: Feel free to experiment with different spices, like adding a little nutmeg or brown sugar to your apple filling.
- Crescent Rolls: If you’re out of biscuit dough, crescent rolls can also work. Cut them into smaller pieces and proceed as usual.
- Egg Wash: For a shinier finish, you can brush an egg wash on the bombs before air frying.
Where to Serve
These apple pie bombs make for fantastic sweet treats during parties, picnics, or even as a quick dessert after a family dinner. They’re also a fun addition to your roster of air fryer dessert recipes.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. To reheat, place them back in the air fryer for an additional minute or so.
Common Problems and How to Avoid Them
- Not Cooking Through: Make sure to place the bombs in a single layer in the basket of an air fryer. Overcrowding can lead to uneven cooking.
- Sticking to the Basket: Always use parchment paper or apply a light layer of nonstick cooking spray to the basket of your air fryer before cooking.
- Filling Leaking: Make sure to seal the biscuit dough well around the spoonful of apple pie filling to prevent any leakage.
Tips for Making This Recipe with Kids
- Easy Treat: Have kids add a tablespoon of the apple pie filling to the center of each circle. It’s an easy and fun way to get them involved.
- Mixing the Cinnamon Sugar Mixture: Let the kids mix the sugar and cinnamon mixture in a small bowl. They’ll love the hands-on aspect!
- Shape and Seal: Teach them to shape the dough into a ball shape around the filling, making sure it is properly sealed.
- Vanilla Ice Cream: The best part is adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream to a freshly dipped apple pie bomb.
- Warm Caramel Sauce: For an even more decadent touch, drizzle some warm caramel sauce over the bombs before serving.
- Cinnamon Mixture: A sprinkle of extra cinnamon mixture will make these bombs irresistible.
Why This Recipe Works
- Simple Ingredients: Made with basic ingredients, most of which you probably already have, this recipe is both practical and delicious.
- Quick Dessert: With a cooking time of just 8-9 minutes in the air fryer, you can have a delicious dessert ready without investing much time.
- Versatile: These apple pie bombs can be customized in different ways, making it a perfect recipe for those who love to experiment.
What are some other awesome apple recipes to try?
- The Most Perfect French Apple Cake Recipe
- Homemade Apple Pie From Scratch
- Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls From Scratch
- Easy Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie For a Quick Dessert
These full applie pie bombs are warm sugary biscuits that are filled with yummy apples for a delicious fall treat!
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pie spice
- 1 tube Grands biscuits, 8 count
- 1 cup apple pie filling
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat air fryer to 350 and spray the basket with butter spray
- In a bowl mix the sugar and pie spice - set aside
- In a separate bowl mix the pie filling and cinnamon - set aside
- Have the melted butter in a 3rd bowl
- Split each biscuit in half to make 16 rounds
- Press the biscuits out thin and place a tablespoon or so of the pie filling
- Bring all edges up to the center and pinch together to make little “bombs”
- Place the bombs in the basket and cook for 8 minutes until golden brown
- Coat each bomb with melted butter then roll them in the spice sugar mix
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 112Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 15mgSodium 44mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 0gSugar 12gProtein 0g
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am an entrepreneur, a busy mama of 3 and a wife to my high school sweetheart. I have been sharing content for over 12 years about how to cook easy recipes, workout tips and free printables that make life a little bit easier. I have been featured in places like Yahoo, Buzzfeed, What To Expect, Mediavine, Niche Pursuits, HuffPost, BabyCenter, Mom 2.0, Mommy Nearest, Parade, Care.com, and more!
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t forget to grab your free fitness journal before you go!