Did you know that you could make the delicious Taco Bell Cheesy Gordita Crunch right at home in your air fryer with simple ingredients? Try this amazing recipe for yourself!
What is a Cheesy Gordita Crunch?
A Cheesy Gordita Crunch is a soft shell taco filled with seasoned beef, melted cheese and lettuce then topped with crunchy crushed tortilla chips. It’s an incredibly flavorful taco that will make your mouth water!
When did the Cheesy Gordita Crunch become popular?
The Cheesy Gordita Crunch became popular in the late 1990s when it first appeared on the menu at Taco Bell. Since then, it has been a favorite among many taco lovers and is now one of their signature dishes.
Is the Cheesy Gordita Crunch good?
The Cheesy Gordita Crunch is definitely a crowd pleaser! It’s savory and crunchy with just the right amount of heat from the seasoning. Plus, it’s so easy to make that you can have a delicious taco night at home for any occasion.
What ingredients do you need for this Air Fryer Cheesy Gordita Crunch?
· 5 pita bread, trimmed to taco shell size
· 2 cups shredded cheese
· 5 crunchy taco shells, pre-warmed
· 1 1/2 cups taco meat
· 2 cups shredded lettuce, iceberg
· Dice Roma tomato, optional
· Hot sauce, optional
· Sour cream, optional
What can you serve this cheesy gordita crunch with?
This cheesy gordita crunch can be served with a variety of toppings and sides. Add diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, sour cream, hot sauce or any other favorite taco topping for an extra flavorful experience! Serve it with Mexican-style rice and beans, chips and salsa or guacamole for a complete meal.
Where can you serve this yummy dish?
The best thing about this air fryer cheesy gordita crunch is that you can make it in the comfort of your own home! Serve it as a quick weeknight meal or at a party. It’s sure to be a hit with everyone, no matter what the occasion is.
What are some helpful tips for making a yummy gordita crunch?
• Pre-heat your air fryer before adding in the taco shells to help them get extra crispy.
• Make sure to use a parchment paper liner on the bottom of the air fryer basket so that nothing sticks.
• If you’re using ground beef, make sure it’s cooked through before filling each taco shell.
• Get creative with your toppings and sides! Try different cheeses, sauces or vegetables to create a unique twist on the classic cheesy gordita crunch.
• Serve this taco dish warm so that all of the ingredients can meld together in delicious harmony.
This Gordita Crunch is an incredibly flavorful and easy-to-make taco dish. With just a few simple ingredients and your trusty air fryer, you can make this tasty meal in no time. Give it a try and serve it up at your next party or as a quick weeknight dinner!
Looking for more dinner recipes? Check out Easy and Tasty Dinner Ideas For The Whole Family
What are some other air fryer recipes to enjoy?
- Easy Air Fryer Carnitas Recipe
- Easy Air Fryer BBQ Drumsticks
- Easy Air Fryer Pretzel Dogs
- Easy Air Fryer Roasted Lamb and Potatoes
- Air Fryer Dry Rub Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
Air Fryer Copycat Cheesy Gordita Crunch Recipe
These copycat air fryer cheesy gordita crunch wraps are so good and easy to make for a weeknight meal!
- · 5 pita bread, trimmed to taco shell size
- · 2 cups shredded cheese
- · 5 crunchy taco shells, pre-warmed
- · 1 1/2 cups taco meat
- · 2 cups shredded lettuce, iceberg
- · Dice Roma tomato, optional
- · Hot sauce, optional
- · Sour cream, optional
- 1. Place the trimmed pita bread in an air fryer basket and top with shredded cheese to completely cover.
- 2. Cook at 350°f for 4-6 minutes until cheese is completely melted and gooey.
- 3. Remove and place the crunch shell on the cheesy pita closing the shell inside the pita taco.
- 4. Add your meat, and lettuce and sprinkle with cheese.
- 5. I like sour cream, hot sauce, and tomatoes to top it off.
- 6. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 664Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 95mgSodium 1209mgCarbohydrates 61gFiber 6gSugar 3gProtein 33g
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!
Easy Cheap Mexican Dinner Ideas
The Best Hot Mexican Street Corn Dip Recipe
Amazing Loaded Ground Beef Sheet Pan Nachos
Easy Weeknight Instant Pot Taco Spaghetti
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!