Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are so good and easy to make! These sweet treats are made perfectly and it’s a great dessert!
Where did chocolate chip oatmeal cookies originate?
There is no one definitive answer to this question, as the chocolate chip oatmeal cookie is likely a variation on a traditional oatmeal cookie recipe.
However, it is generally accepted that the chocolate chip oatmeal cookie was first created in the 1930s, when Ruth Graves Wakefield added chocolate chips to her popular Toll House Cookie recipe.
The chocolate chip oatmeal cookie has been a favorite dessert ever since!
What are some fun sweet treats you can make in an air fryer?
There are a lot of great dessert recipes that can be made in an air fryer! Some of our favorites include air fryer chocolate chip cookies, air fryer brownies, and air fryer apple crisp.
All of these recipes are easy to make and produce delicious results!
Is air frying better than baking?
There are a lot of different opinions on this subject, but we think that air frying is a great way to cook food!
Air frying provides a similar result to baking, but it uses less oil and can be faster.
Whether or not air frying is better than baking depends on your preferences!
What ingredients do you need for this air fryer chocolate chip cookies?
• ¾ cup coconut oil
• ¾ cup packed brown sugar light
• ½ cup granulated sugar
• 1 and ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
• ¾ teaspoon baking soda
• ½ to 1 teaspoon cinnamon to taste
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
• 1 large egg
• 2 and ¼ cups old-fashioned oats
• 1 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet
Where can I serve these awesome air fryer chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies?
These irresistible air fryer chocolate chip oatmeal cookies are perfect for any occasion!
Whether you’re looking for a tasty treat to bring to a party or potluck, or you just want to enjoy a delicious cookie with a cold glass of milk, these cookies are sure to hit the spot!
How long will these Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies last?
Properly stored, these cookies will last for up to 2 weeks in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer.
Can I make these Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies ahead of time?
Yes! These cookies can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer until you’re ready to bake them.
When you’re ready to enjoy a cookie, simply take it out of the fridge or freezer and cook it in the air fryer according to the recipe instructions.
What is the best way to store these Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies?
These cookies can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
These chocolate chip oatmeal cookies are so good and easy to make in your air fryer!
- • ¾ cup coconut oil
- • ¾ cup packed brown sugar light
- • ½ cup granulated sugar
- • 1 and ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- • ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- • ½ to 1 teaspoon cinnamon to taste
- • ¼ teaspoon salt
- • 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- • 1 large egg
- • 2 and ¼ cups old-fashioned oats
- • 1 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat together your brown sugar, granulated sugar, and coconut oil.
- In a separate large bowl, mix your flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add 1/3 of your flour mixture to your sugar and coconut oil mixture. Mix. Repeat until all your flour and sugar mixture are incorporated.
- Add in your vanilla extra and egg. Mix.
- Add your oats. Mix.
- Add in your chocolate chips. Fold.
- Add to your air fryer a piece of parchment paper.
- Take 2 tablespoons of your cookie dough to the palm of your hand. Add as many dough balls as you can to the size of the air fryer basket making sure to leave at least 2 inches of room to cook and expand.
- With your air fryer preheated, cook your cookies at 350°F for five minutes, or until golden brown. (Depending on the size of air fryer you will have to repeat the step until all of your dough is cooked. See note.)
- Once your cookies are done in the air fryer, transfer them to a cooling rack to allow them to cool.
- Enjoy warm and with a fresh glass of milk!
You can also make a small batch and freeze the remaining amount of dough. It’s best to roll them into the cookie-sized balls so that they are separated and ready to be popped right into the air fryer. Make sure that they are thawed before cooking them.
Amount Per Serving Calories 366Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 19mgSodium 161mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 2gSugar 33gProtein 2g
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!