Excited is not even the word. I still remember the chill that ran down my spine when I saw the cast of the Black Panther film last year. It’s not only that the characters are african american but the caliber of actresses and actors is just incredible. As a brown girl growing up, a film like this would be life changing!
If you don’t understand the power of representation, imagine growing up never seeing a superhero who looks like you. When American Girl dolls came out I always picked Addy who had to escape slavery. But now kids have #BlackPanther’s Nakia, Shuri and Okoye. Dope on many levels.
— Natasha Sonia Alford (@NatashaSAlford) January 30, 2018
I’m sad it took so long, but I am SO happy it’s finally here. I’ve got my tickets for Thursday the 15th and I’m so excited to see it!
— Black Panther (@theblackpanther) January 29, 2018
- Gather Your Outfit: When you go out to the movie, make sure that you are READY for the premiere. That could mean anything to anyone, but I’ve heard rumblings of wearing traditional African clothing, to wearing all black. Whatever it is you want to do, is up to you. Dressing up for the movie makes the whole event so much more fun! Plus think of the awesome social media pics!
- Sponsor a teen: Do you know a teen that you can sponsor to see the film? Buy them a ticket! Tickets are on sale now at Fandango.com and have them be a part of the historic opening!
- Follow along on the hashtag and engage: The official hashtag for the Black Panther Movie is #BlackPanther. Check out the hashtag often on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram and engage with other excited fans. The social media footprint is being watched as well and we want to make sure that the impact is HUGE!
- Advocate for a Black Panther 2: Yes, I know, I haven’t even seen the new film, but I already want there to be a second movie. I want to show that there can be hit films with heroes of all colors, but especially a dominantly African American film.
- Explain the significance to your children: For us this is a big deal because let’s be honest the movie industry has come pretty far and this is a revolutionary event for us so let’s be sure to explain to them how big of a deal it is and WHY they should be excited too! The moment is history is simply too great to ignore!
Like BLACK PANTHER on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlackPantherMovie
Follow BLACK PANTHER on Twitter: https://twitter.com/theblackpanther
Follow Marvel Studios on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/marvelstudios/
BLACK PANTHER arrives in theaters everywhere on February 16, 2018!5 Easy Ways You Can Support The #BlackPanther Movie!