This simple fool proof recipe for a roast turkey will be the star of any dinner! Using simple ingredients for great flavor, you will love this recipe!
Sitting down at the table this Thanksgiving and biting into your very own Roast Turkey is going to be one of the best feelings ever!
Roast Turkey isn’t just delicious, it’s a holiday staple. And no, you don’t just have to enjoy this around the holidays, you can enjoy it any time of the year. Enjoying this turkey with a side of gravy is a melt in your mouth good idea. These cheesy mashed potatoes go perfectly next to it!
If you are going to enjoy Roast Turkey, then you need to know how to make it correctly. I have the best recipe for you. One that I have used for years, but that I have decided to finally pass on to all of you!
What You Need to Make Roast Turkey
Now that you know you want to make roast turkey, I am going to walk you through the ingredient process.
10-pound turkey – You are going to need a big turkey to make this delicious recipe. Of course, you can use a smaller turkey if you really want to.
Olive oil – This oil is going to make this recipe worth making. A little olive oil makes every recipe tastier.
Poultry seasoning – One of the star ingredients for the roast turkey is poultry seasoning. It’s going to make your turkey taste delicious.
Rosemary, thyme, lemons, and onion – You are going to need these fresh ingredients to make the recipe. It’ll be well worth adding these to your dish!
Garlic – A yummy part of this recipe is also the garlic that you will be adding to the mixture.
A complete list of ingredients can be found in the recipe card. Make sure you read through the complete list of instructions too! Once you bite into this yummy roast turkey, it will become a family favorite recipe for many generations to come.
If you are looking for an awesome stuffing recipe, be sure to try this awesome Sausage Stuffing!
Simple and Fuss Free Roast Turkey Recipe For Thanksgiving
This flavorful roast turkey recipe is fool proof and easy to make!
- 10lb turkey
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, optional
- 3 Tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 2 lemons
- Small bunch rosemary, optional
- Small bunch thyme, optional
- 2 small yellow onions, quartered
- 2 heads garlic
- 2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Remove any giblets from the turkey.
- Use a large spoon to carefully separate the skin from the breast of the turkey, as shown.
- Rub 1/4 cup of butter under the turkey skin, directly on the turkey breast.
- Rub remaining butter all over the turkey.
- Place a halved lemon and a small amount of rosemary and thyme inside the turkey cavity.
- Make a small cut 4" down from the turkey opening and push the turkey legs through. Alternatively, you can use kitchen string to tie the turkey legs together.
- Sprinkle turkey liberally with poultry seasoning.
- Place water and quartered onions in the bottom of a roasting pan. Quarter the remaining lemon and add to the roasting pan. Cut the top off of one head of garlic, add it to the roasting pan, and then peel and crush each clove of the remaining garlic. Add to roasting pan, then place the turkey overtop. (You can use a roasting pan if desired.)
- Bake for 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Cover with the top of the roasting pan or tinfoil for the first half of the baking time.
- Once you remove the cover, baste the turkey with the turkey juices every 20-30 minutes.
- At the 3 hour mark, pour the olive oil over the turkey in any spots that are not browning as deeply as other spots.
- Cook until turkey reaches an internal temperature of 165F.
- Cover and let turkey rest at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before carving. (This is a great time to make gravy or finish up other side dishes.)
If you liked this Roast Turkey Recipe be sure to check out these Amazing Leftover Turkey Sliders!
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!