Have you ever tried Potatoes Au gratin in the slow cooker? It’s so good, all you have to do is set it and forget it!
What exactly is Potatoes Au Gratin?
It is a great recipe made of sliced potatoes that are covered in a cheesy sauce and then baked. It’s a yummy layer of potatoes with a tasty cheese mixture.
Why would I want to make Potatoes Au Gratin in the slow cooker?
The great thing about making this dish in the slow cooker is that it will cook slowly and evenly, ensuring that the potatoes are nice and tender. Plus, it’s a great way to free up your oven for other dishes.
It’s great for holidays!
Making Potatoes Au gratin in the slow cooker is especially great for holidays because it frees up your oven for other dishes. Plus, it’s a dish that can easily be made ahead of time and then reheated when you’re ready to serve it.
If you’ve never tried Potatoes Au gratin before, I highly recommend giving it a try! This au gratin potatoes recipe is delicious dish that is sure to please everyone.
It’s a great side dish for protein like steak, or chicken.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Potatoes Au gratin! The potato slices with the shredded cheese and the creamy sauce makes this potato au gratin so good!
What’s the difference between scalloped potatoes and au gratin?
The main difference between scalloped potatoes and au gratin is that au gratin has a cheesy sauce, while scalloped potatoes do not. Au gratin is also typically baked in the oven, while scalloped potatoes are usually cooked on the stove top.
Crock pot au gratin potatoes are a great addition to a hearty meal. The creamy cheese sauce with the thick slices of potato makes a really delicious recipe!
What is the gratin technique?
The gratin technique is a cooking method that involves baking food in a shallow dish that is covered with grated cheese or bread crumbs. This helps to create a crispy and golden brown topping. This slow cooker recipe is great comfort food. Pro tip: Cheesy potatoes is always a great option!
What goes well with potatoes au gratin?
Some great accompaniments for potatoes au gratin include a green salad, roasted vegetables, or grilled chicken. Slow cooker potatoes are great with any main dish while also making the perfect side dish!
These cheesy au gratin potatoes are great in a casserole dish for an easter dinner or any other holiday dinner like Christmas dinner.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Potatoes Au gratin! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I’m always happy to help!
What ingredients are in these slow cooker au gratin potatoes?
4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
¼ cup butter
¼ cup flour
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups shredded cheddar jack cheese, plus more sharp cheddar cheese for topping
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
Salt and pepper
You don’t need any worcestershire sauce, gruyere cheese, cream of mushroom soup or sour cream for this recipe.
Pin it for later!
Slow Cooker Potatoes Au Gratin Recipe
Super easy and delicious cheesy potatoes recipe that you can use as a side dish!
- 4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar jack cheese, plus more for topping
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Add the butter to a small saucepan and cook over medium low heat.
- When the butter is melted, add the flour and stir to combine. Simmer until the mixture is golden and fragrant.
- Pour in the heavy cream, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the cheese.
- Spray the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray and arrange slices of potatoes in a single layer in the bottom of the pot. Spread ¼ of the cheese mixture over the top of the potatoes.
- Continue layering the potatoes and cheese until all the ingredients have been used, making sure to end with a layer of cheese on top.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 to five hours. After three hours of cooking, stir the potatoes to bring the potatoes on the bottom to the top of the pot and return the lid.
- Around 15 minutes before you’re ready to serve your potatoes, remove the lid and sprinkle a layer of cheese over the top. Return the lid to the pot and allow the cheese to melt, then serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 412Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 76mgSodium 225mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 10g
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!
Savory Loaded Potato Soup For Dinner Tonight
Southern Sweet Potato Casserole With Crunchy Pecan Topping
Crockpot Mashed Potatoes With Cheddar and Garlic
Light and Easy Skinny Potato Skins Recipe
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!