If you are looking for a delicious ice cream with yummy cake bits, check out this amazing homemade red velvet ice cream. It’s so good!
Have you ever tried to make Ice Cream at home? It’s so easy! Here is a great recipe for homemade red velvet ice cream. It’s so good, you’ll have trouble keeping yourself from eating it all in one sitting!
Sure ice cream is great on a warm day but I love it year round! It’s always nice to find an ice cream flavor like this red velvet ice cream that is different. Once you try it I bet you will never go back to your old vanilla or chocolate again!
This homemade red velvet is really good – not to mention healthy since it has no preservatives added like most store bought types do!
What ingredients are in this amazing red velvet ice cream?
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/4 tsp red food coloring
- 4 oz of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 cups red velvet cake crumbs
Where can I serve this red velvet ice cream?
This homemade red velvet ice cream is great served just by itself or it can be served with other all natural things. You could serve the red velvet ice cream with fresh strawberries, chocolate syrup, crushed Oreo cookies, marshmallows, fruit slices!
It almost goes without saying that this amazing red velvet ice cream will taste fine all by itself.
This recipe is also great for Valentine’s Day! Who doesn’t love ice cream on Valentine’s Day?
I’m really not sure which recipe I would choose if given the choice between this one or my coconut pineapple ice cream. Both are amazing but the creamy taste of this red velvet ice cream wins out in my books!
It tastes so close to real cake batter, it is unbelievable. This is a dessert you absolutely have to try for yourself!
The Best Homemade Red Velvet Ice Cream For Dessert
This amazing homemade red velvet ice cream is so great and delicious to make anytime! Featuring yummy red velvet cake bits mixed in a creamy ice cream!
- • 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- · 1 cup of milk
- · 1/4 tsp red food coloring
- · 4 oz of cream cheese
- • 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- · 2 cups red velvet cake crumbs
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into a mixing bowl and beat on high speed until soft peaks begin to form, making sure not to over-mix the cream.
- When the cream has thickened, add the milk, sugar, and cream cheese. Mix on low speed to keep the ingredients from splashing out, then gradually increase the speed. Continue mixing until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the food coloring to the bowl and stir slowly until the ice cream is tinted to a light pink
- Then, add the red velvet cake crumbles. Fold the cake pieces into the ice cream until they’re distributed.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a cake pan and transfer the dish to the freezer.
- Store the ice cream in the freezer until it’s fully frozen, 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
Amount Per Serving Calories 322Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 88mgSodium 160mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 0gSugar 15gProtein 4g
Pin it for later
If you liked this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for all of the latest!
Before you go check out these Valentine’s Day Recipes:
Easy Valentine’s Day Cookie Bars
Valentine’s Day Hot Cocoa Bombs
The Prettiest and Most Delicious Valentine’s Day Cookies
White Chocolate and Almond Heart Valentine’s Day Treat
The Most Gorgeous Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!