These Instant Pot Short Ribs are so delciousand great for a weeknight dinner. Simple ingredients for a yummy meal in the pressure cooker!
Can you make ribs in the instant pot?
Yes, ribs can be cooked in the Instant Pot! They turn out incredibly tender and juicy with a pressure cook time of about 35 minutes. You can use any type of rib for this recipe including beef short ribs, pork spareribs or baby back ribs.
The meat will be fall-off-the-bone tender when done cooking. For best results, season the ribs with salt and pepper before adding them to the Instant Pot.
You can also add a variety of other spices to create a flavorful rub for the ribs. Once cooked, serve the ribs with a side dish or your favorite BBQ sauce for an amazing meal!
Where can you serve these Instant Pot Short Ribs?
These short ribs make an excellent main dish for any occasion, from a weeknight dinner to a holiday meal. Serve them with mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, or your favorite side dish. For added flavor and texture, top the ribs with BBQ sauce or your favorite condiment.
You can also serve these Instant Pot Short Ribs as part of a larger spread. They make an excellent appetizer or side dish for potlucks, barbecues, and family gatherings.
What type of Instant Pot do you need to cook these ribs?
Any type of Instant Pot will work for this recipe—the 6-quart or 8-quart size should be enough for most families. If you are cooking for a larger group or family, you can use the 10-quart size instead.
No matter which size Instant Pot you use, make sure to follow the instructions and times from the manufacturer’s manual. This will ensure that your ribs turn out perfectly cooked every time!
What side dishes can you serve with Instant Pot Short ribs?
There are a variety of side dishes you can serve with these Instant Pot Short Ribs. Some ideas include roasted potatoes, steamed broccoli, cooked greens, or a salad. You could also serve them with macaroni and cheese, mashed cauliflower, couscous, or quinoa for an extra layer of texture and flavor.
What are some other Instant Pot Recipes to try?
- Easy Instant Pot Gnocchi Soup
- Easy Weeknight Instant Pot Taco Spaghetti
- Delicious Instant Pot Cilantro Rice Pilaf
- Easy Weeknight Instant Pot Italian Creamy Sausage Pasta
- Super Easy Instant Pot Pasta Salad
- Easy Instant Pot Pumpkin Apple Cider
What are some helpful tips for making these delicious Instant Pot Ribs?
Some tips for making these delicious Instant Pot ribs include:
– Make sure to season your ribs before adding them to the pot. This will help ensure that they are cooked evenly and have maximum flavor.
– Use a slotted spoon or tongs to turn the ribs while cooking. This will help them cook more evenly and prevent them from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
– Don’t forget a side dish! Try serving your ribs with mashed potatoes, rice, or grilled vegetables for an added layer of flavor and texture.
– If you like sauce, add some during the last few minutes of cooking. This will help ensure that it has time to soak into the ribs and give them maximum flavor.
– Let the ribs rest for 5 minutes before serving. This will help keep all of their juices in when you slice them.
Easy Instant Pot Short Ribs
This delicious Instant Pot Short Ribs recipe is so easy to make and so full of flavor!
- 2lb Short Ribs
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion , diced
- 3 carrots , chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste (equivalent amount of minced garlic is fine)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry red wine (I used Merlot)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Turn Instant pot to Sauté setting. Once hot, add one tablespoon of oil. Once hot, add diced onions, carrots, and garlic. Season with a generous sprinkle of salt & pepper. Cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly. Remove veggies to a plate.
- Pat the ribs dry with paper towels, season on all sides with salt and pepper and coat on all sides with flour; shake off any excess flour. Add 2 more tablespoons of oil to the pot. Add ribs and brown on all sides, cooking in batches, if necessary, then remove to a plate.
- Add the wine to deglaze the pan. Scrape the bottom of the pan to release any browned bits (fond) of flavor. Bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes.
- Add beef broth, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir in tomato paste and stir until thoroughly incorporated. Return ribs, and veggies to the pot and add sprigs of thyme and rosemary on top.
- Secure instant pot lid. Cook on Manual/High Pressure for 45 minutes with a natural release.
- Remove instant pot lid, and carefully remove short ribs to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Remove herbs and discard. Their work here is done.
- Skim off some of the fat, then use an immersion blender to blend the remaining liquid and veggies. This will cause it to come together as a smooth silky sauce.
Don’t rush through the browning step. The more color you develop during this process, the more flavor you will develop for your end dish.
If you do not have an immersion blender, you can put the liquid and veggies into a blender, but sure not to seal the top of the blender tightly and cover with a kitchen towel to keep from getting dangerously burned.
While this is not exactly quick, it is not difficult to make and it is most definitely about half the time short ribs typically take using a traditional method.
Amount Per Serving Calories 584Total Fat 42gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 25gCholesterol 151mgSodium 351mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 40g
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!
Perfectly Seasoned Potato Salad For Every Event
Easy Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
Easy Instant Pot Cacio E Pepe Pasta Recipe
Easy Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!