Instant Pot Cilantro Rice is so easy to make and a great side dish! Made with simple ingredients and done fast for a great tasting meal!
Can you make rice in the Instant Pot?
Yes! You can make all sorts of rice in the Instant Pot, including cilantro rice. This particular recipe is very easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients. Plus, it’s done in a fraction of the time that it would take to make rice on the stovetop.
Where did cilantro rice come from?
Cilantro rice is thought to have originated in the Middle East. It’s a popular dish in many countries, including Iran, Iraq, and Syria.
What goes well with cilantro rice?
There are so many possibilities! Cilantro rice goes great with chicken, beef, fish, or vegetables. It’s also delicious on its own as a light meal or side dish.
What is rice pilaf?
Rice pilaf is a rice dish that is usually made with sautéed onions, garlic, and spices. It can be made with various types of rice, including white, brown, or basmati.
What other amazing dishes can I make with the Instant Pot?
What ingredients do I need for this Instant Pot Cilantro Rice Pilaf?
2 cups parboiled rice
2 cups of water
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
This amazing side dish is great for dinner parties can can be doubled easily because of how simple the ingredients are. We like to serve this with some yummy steak, pork or chicken! This is also really great for a taco night side dish! This is also a great rice recipe for meal prep!
This Instant Pot Cilantro rice is so good and easy! Make this simple side dish tonight for the family!
- 2 cups parboiled rice
- 2 cups of water
- Fresh cilantro
- 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- Take 5-7 sprigs of cilantro. Fold them into themselves to make a clump and chop finely. Stems and leaves altogether. Most of the flavour is in the stems.
- Add the rice, water, two wedges of lime, 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro, spices, and water to the instant pot. For parboiled rice, it’s a 1:1 ratio of water and rice. Stir ingredients.
- Seal the lid and pressure valve. Cook at the rice setting or on high for 12 minutes.
- Quick release.
- Squeeze the juice from the remaining lime and fluff the rice.
- Serve with lime wedges and chopped cilantro as a garnish.
Amount Per Serving Calories 77Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 182mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 2g
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!