This amazing instant pot chicken tortilla soup is so yummy and perfect for weeknight meals! Using easy ingredients and amazing flavors, it’s a great weeknight meal!
The instant pot does all the cooking and you’ll only need a few ingredients. Chicken, tomatoes, corn tortillas, chicken broth and spices… That’s it! Once cooked it will be ready to eat in just 10 minutes.
This soup is great for busy weeknight dinner or as a family meal on cold winter days.
It will warm you right up on those cold winter evenings a super flavorful soup that the whole family will love! You can top this amazing soup with tortilla strips, tortilla chips and a dollop of sour cream. It’s a great soup for busy nights, the pressure cooker chicken tortilla soup makes a great tender chicken for an easy dinner.
It is a perfect soup for lunch or dinner. Full of flavor and really quick to make on busy weeknights. Yes! In less than 30 minutes you will have this delicious soup on the table! When it comes to chicken tortilla soup recipes this instant pot version is a great option.
If you are looking for easy weeknight dinners, look no further! This instant pot chicken tortilla soup recipe has been a family favorite from the first time you try it.
Where do you serve this instant pot chicken tortilla soup? Nowhere else but at your dining room table. You can look forward to it whenever you feel like some comfort food. It’s one of those instant pot recipes that doesn’t have a long cooking time and makes for a great bowl of soup.
This is a soup is a favorite in my house!
I don’t know about you, but I love Mexican food. So of course this Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe is on regular rotation at our home. It’s the perfect combination of spicy, smoky and sweet flavors that will warm your heart and soul.
What ingredients do you need for this instant pot chicken tortilla soup?
2 teaspoons olive oil
• 1/2 cup small white onion, diced
• 1 TBSP cloves garlic (minced)
• 4 ounce can diced green chilis
• 14.5 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
• 15 ounces red enchilada sauce
• 1 TSP chili powder
• 1 TSP cumin
• 15 ounce can black beans (rinsed and drained)
• 4 cups low sodium chicken stock
• 1-pound boneless skinless chicken breast
• 1 cup canned or frozen corn (drained if canned)
• salt and pepper (to taste)
This easy chicken tortilla soup has loads of flavor and you won’t need any lime juice, adobo sauce or red bell pepper. You can certainly serve with lime wedges or fresh cilantro if you like!
This amazing instant pot chicken tortilla soup is packed with flavor and great for busy weeknights!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- • 1/2 cup small white onion, diced
- • 1 TBSP cloves garlic (minced)
- • 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- • 14.5 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- • 15 ounces red enchilada sauce
- • 1 TSP chili powder
- • 1 TSP cumin
- • 15 ounce can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- • 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- • 1-pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- • 1 cup canned or frozen corn (drained if canned)
- • salt and pepper (to taste)
- Set the instant pot to sauté and add the oil. Once hot, sauté onions for 5 minutes or until lightly brown. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Cancel the instant pot. Add a half cup of broth and scrape the instant pot bottom to remove onion and garlic.
- Add remaining broth, chicken, spices, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, chilies, and beans. Close the lid and seal the pressure valve. Cook on high for 10 minutes or until chicken is 165° internal.
- Quick release pressure and remove the chicken. Shred chicken and return to the pot.
- Serve and enjoy with your favorite topping such as lime crumbled tortilla chips or tortilla strips, sour cream, shredded cheese, and/or avocado.
Amount Per Serving Calories 315Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 64mgSodium 1136mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 9gSugar 10gProtein 34g
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!