What is thanksgiving without delicious dressing? This Thanksgiving cornbread stuffing is so good and the most perfect side dish!
When it comes to planning thanksgiving dinner, there are a couple things you need to have a really delicious turkey, an amazing stuffing and of course dessert that everyone will love.
However, it is not often that people prepare stuffing with cornbread which is a real shame. If you are looking for something different this year why not give your traditional recipe a twist and make some delicious cornbread stuffing?
This Thanksgiving cornbread dressing will change the way you look at stuffing forever! It is so easy to prepare with all of the simple ingredients, your guests will be begging for the recipe.
This cornbread stuffing is the perfect side dish for thanksgiving or christmas dinner. If you always wanted to try something new give this recipe a try and let us know what your guests thought of it!
It’s so yummy and great, that you will likely make it all year round!
We have here a delicious dressing recipe for your Thanksgiving table. Save this one, because you’ll want to have it again and again!
What ingredients do you need for this amazing cornbread stuffing?
1 8*8 pan of precooked cornbread
1⁄2 cup yellow onion, diced
1⁄2 cup celery, diced
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 8oz can chicken broth
1⁄4 cup buttermilk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 1⁄2 tsp poultry seasoning 1 tsp sage, optional
Super simple ingredients you can get from the grocery store. It takes about 25-30 minutes to prepare, so be sure to schedule that into your holiday cooking.
It’s a delicious side dish that the whole family will love. Serve it with your favorite main dishes for an awesome meal.
Looking for an amazing stuffing recipe that will wow your guests? Check out this Thanksgiving Cornbread stuffing?
- 1 8*8 pan of precooked cornbread
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 8oz can chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp sage, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Sautee onions and celery in butter until soft, set aside
- Crumble the cornbread up in a large bowl
- Add in the sauteed vegetables, seasonings, chicken broth and butter milk
- Mix well until incorporated (with a wooden spoon or with clean hands)
- Grease the bottom and sides of preferred baking dish with olive oil non stick spray or butter Pour the mixture in, it should not be runny or loose, its going to be a little thick.
- Bake for 20-25 mins until the top begins to turn golden brown.
- Serve with or without gravy and Enjoy
Amount Per Serving Calories 61Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 12mgSodium 480mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 1g
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to tag and follow me on Instagram for more!
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this fun recipe be sure to check out these recipes too!