These amazing Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes are perfectly seasoned and includes peppers and onions. This is a great flavorful side for any morning meal!
It’s no secret that breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. Since we have been indoors a lot for the past year, I have been trying to recreate my favorite dishes at home. One of my all time favorite things to do is go to a local NYC diner and have breakfast anytime. As a mom, it can be really really nice to have someone serve YOU for a change.
Awaken your senses to the warm, comforting aroma of our Crispy Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes. Perfectly golden on the outside, soft on the inside, these potatoes are tossed in a delightful blend of savory seasonings and cooked to perfection in the air fryer. Easy, efficient, and effortlessly tasty, these breakfast potatoes are sure to add a joyful crunch to your morning routine.
I wanted to recreate that experience at home, I had never made breakfast potatoes before–I’d often buy them frozen in a bag from Trader Joe’s.
These potatoes were insanely easy to make and became an instant part of the breakfast rotation. Peel the potatoes, add some seasoning, chop up some peppers and onions and within a few minutes you have got a yummy breakfast dish.
FAQs For Breakfast Potatoes
1. What type of potatoes work best for this recipe? Russet potatoes and Yukon Golds are excellent for this recipe due to their crispy exterior and fluffy interior when air fried.
2. Can I use sweet potatoes instead? Absolutely! Sweet potatoes can be a delicious and nutritious alternative. Keep in mind they may require a slight adjustment in cooking time.
3. Can I add other vegetables? Yes, feel free to add diced bell peppers, onions, or even zucchini for added flavor and nutrition.
Tips and Tricks:
- Cut your potatoes into even-sized pieces to ensure consistent cooking.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. A single layer of potatoes will yield the crispiest results.
- Preheating your air fryer is important for achieving that perfect golden crunch.
- Toss your potatoes halfway through the cooking time to ensure all sides get crispy.
It’s no secret how much I love to make potatoes in my air fryer! Check out some of these air fryer potato recipes that I have shared previously:
- Garlic-Herb Potatoes: Add some minced garlic and a mix of your favorite herbs such as rosemary and thyme.
- Spicy Potatoes: Sprinkle some cayenne pepper or paprika for a fiery twist.
- Cheesy Potatoes: After the potatoes are cooked, toss them with some grated cheddar or Parmesan cheese and air fry for an additional minute until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Where to Serve:
These crispy breakfast potatoes make a fabulous side dish for any breakfast or brunch spread, pairing wonderfully with eggs, bacon, and toast. They’re also a great option for a weekend family breakfast or a relaxed brunch with friends.
How To Store Leftovers
Store any leftover potatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat them in the air fryer or in a hot oven until they’re crispy again.
What ingredients do you need for these Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes?
- Medium Potatoes
- A little oil
- kosher salt
- smoked paprika
- garlic powder
- black ground pepper
Common Problems and How to Avoid Them:
- Potatoes not crispy enough: If your potatoes aren’t as crispy as you’d like, try increasing the cooking time a bit, but be careful to avoid burning them.
- Unevenly cooked potatoes: This can occur when the pieces are not uniformly cut or the basket is overcrowded. Remember to cut the potatoes into even pieces and give them space in the basket.
- Potatoes sticking to the basket: To prevent sticking, make sure to toss your potatoes in a bit of oil before cooking.
While these breakfast potatoes are delightful on their own, you can top them with a sprinkle of fresh herbs like chopped parsley or chives for added color and freshness. For a heartier version, top with crumbled cooked bacon, or for a creamy twist, a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt.
Where do I serve these air fryer potatoes?
Breakfast is a great place to start! Once I have these in the air fryer I tend to get started on the bacon and the eggs, so that everything is ready at the same time! Plus these are great for those nights when you want to have brinner (breakfast for dinner). 🙂
Why this air fryer breakfast potatoes recipe works
Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes are a winning dish for their simplicity, speed, and satisfying crunch. The air fryer achieves that deep-fried texture without the excess oil, making this a healthier alternative to traditional fried breakfast potatoes. The blend of seasonings brings a depth of flavor that transforms these humble potatoes into a morning meal superstar. Quick to prepare and even quicker to disappear from plates, this recipe is the ultimate way to start your day on a delicious note.Enjoy and let me know how much you love them!
What are some other fun potato recipes to try?
- How To Make Easy Air Fryer Chili Baked Potatoes
- Easy Loaded Roasted Potatoes For An Amazing Side Dish
- Crockpot Mashed Potatoes With Cheddar and Garlic
- Easy Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
If you are looking for more great breakfast recipes be sure to check out The Best Breakfast Recipes For A Great Start To Your Day!
A super flavorful version of your favorite breakfast potatoes done in the air fryer in no time!
- * 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut to 1-inch cubes (Yukon Gold is recommended)
- *1 Orange or Red Pepper
- *1 Small onion
- * 1 tbsp oil
- Breakfast Potato Seasoning
- * 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- * 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- * 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- * 1/4 tsp black ground pepper
- Preheat the air fryer for about 2-3 minutes at 400F degrees. This will give you the crispiest potatoes.
- Toss the potatoes with breakfast potato seasoning and oil until thoroughly coated.
- Spray the air fryer basket with a nonstick spray.
- Add the potatoes, peppers and onions to air fryer to cook for about 15 minutes, stopping and shaking the basket 2-3 times throughout to promote even cooking.
- Transfer to a plate and serve right away.
Amount Per Serving Calories 300Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 3mgSodium 496mgCarbohydrates 58gFiber 6gSugar 9gProtein 7g
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am an entrepreneur, a busy mama of 3 and a wife to my high school sweetheart. I have been sharing content for over 12 years about how to cook easy recipes, workout tips and free printables that make life a little bit easier. I have been featured in places like Yahoo, Buzzfeed, What To Expect, Mediavine, Niche Pursuits, HuffPost, BabyCenter, Mom 2.0, Mommy Nearest, Parade, Care.com, and more!
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t forget to grab your free fitness journal before you go!