These fun Magnolia Bakery copycat Carrie Bradshaw cupcakes are amazing vanilla cupcakes with a pastel pink frosting that you can make right at home with simple ingredients!
I am a huge Sex and the City Fan! I was too young to watch HBO when the series first debuted but by the time the movies came out I was SO into the series!
Mainly because it felt like a love letter to New York City, but next because of the awesome tales of friendship and love. It was great series that I was sad to see end, but rumor has it that the series is getting a reboot!
Magnolia Bakery Copycat Carrie Bradshaw Cupcakes
If you watched the series, Carrie would stop at one of the most famous bakeries in the world for a cupcake! These vanilla cupcakes are cute, delicate and comes with pink frosting. It reminds me of the iconic white top and pink tutu Carrie wears during the opening theme song.
Well, I am so happy to announce that they have finally released the recipe! Now you can make these cute cupcakes in the comfort of your own kitchen!
What ingredients are in these Sex and the City Cupcakes?
1 1/2 cups cake flour*
3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup of whole milk
1/4 cup sour cream
1 sticks of unsalted butter (room temperature) 3/4 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 egg whites
1 sticks of unsalted room temperature butter 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups powdered sugar
2.5-3 tablespoons whole milk
Gel food coloring (pink)
What tools do I need to make these delicious Carrie Bradshaw Cupcakes?
Stand or Hand Mixer
Medium bowl or Large Wet Measurement Cup
12 count cupcake pan Cupcake Liners
Pink gel or liquid food coloring
When should I serve these Sex and The City Copycat Cupcakes?
I think it would be great to serve them at a bachelorette party, or even at a baby shower. Birthday parties are also a great option and of course anytime is always a favorite!
Have fun and enjoy these super light and gorgeous cupcakes!
Magnolia Bakery Copycat Carrie Bradshaw Cupcakes
These light and fluffy Carrie Bradshaw Copycat Cupcakes From Magnolia Bakery are delicious and fashionable!
- For the Cupcake:
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 sticks of unsalted butter (room temperature) 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- Ingredients for the frosting:
- 1 sticks of unsalted room temperature butter 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2.5-3 tablespoons whole milk
- Gel food coloring (pink)
Directions For Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line your 12-cup muffin tins with paper (not aluminum) liners.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl (flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt)
- In a 2 cup liquid measurement cup, whisk together your whole milk, sour cream and vanilla.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream your butter, sugar, and vanilla on medium speed until the mixture is light and fluffy, scrape down the bowl.
- Add in your egg whites and mix until incorporated, scrape down the bowl
- Add half of your wet and dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated, scrape down the bowl, specifically looking for any unincorporated flour mixture.
- Add the second half of the wet and dry and mix on low until fully incorporated.
- Use a 1⁄4 measuring cup or ice cream scooper to evenly portion out your cupcakes.
- Bake your cupcakes for 20-22 minutes, until the tops spring back when touched.
Directions for Frosting:
- Add butter and powdered sugar to a bowl.
Begin to beat together, mixture will begin to turn crumbly. Start with 2 tablespoons of whole milk and vanilla.
Mix until smooth. (add extra milk only if needed)
Add one small drop of gel food coloring and mix throughout.
How to make cake flour from all purpose flour:
Take one cup of all purpose flour, spooned and leveled. Remove two tablespoons, and then add two tablespoons of cornstarch to the all purpose flour. Sift together twice before using.
Amount Per Serving Calories 482Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 24mgSodium 166mgCarbohydrates 99gFiber 0gSugar 86gProtein 3g
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out these awesome cupcake recipes!
Easy Vanilla Tie Dye Unicorn Cupcakes
Rainbow St. Patrick’s Day Cupcakes
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!