These Mardi Gras Jello Shots are so fun and festive and they taste good too! Mae with the traditional colors of Mardi Gras these are fun to serve anywhere!
What are Mardi Gras Jello Shots?
Mardi Gras Jello Shots are small, colorful alcoholic gelatin shots that are often served during Mardi Gras. They’re made with a combination of vodka or other hard liquor, flavored jello mix, and water.
The most traditional colors used to make these boozy treats are purple, green, and gold – which represent justice, faith, and power – but you can also get creative and make them in whatever colors you like best! Your guests will love the festive look of these delicious shots.
Making Mardi Gras Jello Shots is really easy and they’re sure to be a hit at any party. Start by combining an equal amount of vodka and boiling water in a heat-proof bowl and stirring until dissolved.
Then add the jello mix and stir until all of the ingredients are combined. Pour the mixture into shot glasses, silicone molds, or any other container you’d like to use, then refrigerate for several hours or overnight until set. Once your shots have set, top them with sprinkles, edible glitter, or any other festive decorations.
These Mardi Gras Jello Shots are sure to be a hit at your next party – so don’t forget to pick up some jello mix and vodka the next time you go shopping! Have fun and enjoy responsibly.
When is Mardi Gras?
Mardi Gras is a festive holiday celebrated annually in New Orleans on the Tuesday before Ash Wednesday, which marks the beginning of Lent in many Christian denominations. The exact date of Mardi Gras varies from year to year but typically falls between February 3 and March 9.
Where is a good place to serve these Mardi Gras Jello Shots?
Mardi Gras Jello Shots are perfect for any Mardi Gras themed event, such as a parade or party. They can also be served at family gatherings, cocktail parties, or just about anywhere you want to add some extra festive fun! No matter where you serve them, these boozy treats are sure to put a smile on your guests’ faces. These are perfect for fat tuesday!
Can you make these adult treats ahead of time?
Yes, you can make Mardi Gras Jello Shots ahead of time! In fact, they’re best made the day before so that the mixture has plenty of time to set. Just be sure to cover and refrigerate them until right before serving.
Mardi Gras Jello Shots Ingredients
These themed jello shots are so fun to serve with a king cake at an adult party! This easy recipe uses some simple ingredients:
- 1 ¾ cup lemonade
- 4 envelopes plain gelatin
- 1 ¼ cup vodka
- 2 teaspoons sweetened condensed milk
- Liquid food coloring (regular green, regular yellow and neon purple)
- 1 can Rich & Creamy Frosting Vanilla (for rims)
- Decorating sugars in purple, yellow and green (for rims)
You won’t need any grape jello, lime juice or ginger ale for this recipe.
These vodka jello shots make such festive treats for the celebration of mardi gras. The jello mixture is topped with whipped cream and they are so much fun! You will be using drops of food coloring for the best traditional mardi gras colors.
There is a purple layer, a yellow layer and green layers of jello. This mardi gras jello shot recipe helps to make the most colorful party celebration!
If you are looking for more here is a great list of jello shot recipes:
- Strawberry Margarita Jello Shots Recipe
- Easy Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Shots
- Tropical Coconut Rum Jello Shots
- Easy Peach Jello Shots For Summer Parties
- Easy Candy Corn Halloween Jello Shots
- Christmas Grinch Jello Shots
The vibrant colors make these jello shot cups so cute! The yellow green and purple sugars at the top of the cups add a gorgeous look to your mardi gras party!
What are fun varieties can you make with these Mardi Gras Jello Shots?
For variety you can also use a coconut rum, raspberry liqueur or even a white rum.
The Best Mardi Gras Jello Shots
These yummy mardi gras jello shots are so good and fun to make for the holiday!
- ● 1 ¾ cup lemonade
- ● 4 envelopes plain gelatin
- ● 1 ¼ cups vodka
- ● 2 teaspoons sweetened condensed milk
- ● Liquid food coloring (regular green, regular yellow and neon purple)
- ● 1 can Rich & Creamy Frosting Vanilla (for rims)
- ● Decorating sugars in purple, yellow and green (for rims)
- Start by dipping the rims of each glass into the frosting, dip 1/3 of the rim into green sugar sprinkles, 1/3 into purple sugar sprinkles and 1/3 into yellow sugar sprinkles as shown.
- Pour lemonade into a small pan and sprinkle in the unflavored gelatin. Allow to soak for about 2 minutes.
- Turn heat on low, whisking constantly, until the gelatin is dissolved, about 5
minutes. Remove from the heat, if using alcohol, stir in vodka and sweetened condensed milk.
- Using 3 different bowls,divide the gelatin mix between them, pouring about 1 cup in each bowl. Use food coloring to color each. Use 4 drops of food coloring for each bowl. Purple: 4 drops, Green 4 drops, Yellow 4
- Using a baster, add about one tablespoon of the purple gelatin to glass, refrigerate until set. Once set, add about one tablespoon of yellow
gelatin to the glass, repeat with the green.
- When all layers are fully set, remove from the refrigerator and top with whipped cream and sprinkle with colored sugars,
Amount Per Serving Calories 113Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 16mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 0gSugar 8gProtein 3g
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!
Super Festive Mardi Gras Cupcakes
Disney Tiana Beignets – Princess and the Frog Movie Treats
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!