Here is a fun treat to make with the kids inspired by Disney’s Princess and The Frog. This Disney Tiana beignets are so yummy and fun to make with kids!
How amazing is Disney’s Princess and The Frog?
One of the restaurant scenes in the movie is during Tiana’s hard work at starting her own business, she takes a break at her friend’s little stand. She smells something delicious and turns to see that friend selling beignets. Well, I have got the perfect recipe for you to replicate that fun scene today!
What exactly are beignets?
Beignets are basically fried French dough topped with powdered sugar or filled with jelly, custard or cream.
Sounds good right? Now you can make them at home!
Princess Tiana is one of my favorite Disney princesses ever! I actually dressed up as her for a Disney Half Marathon many moons ago!
Where would I serve these awesome Princess Tiana Beignets?
You could serve these beignets at a party or just as a fun weekend breakfast. You can even freeze them and reheat them in the oven for a quick snack!
They are so fun and delicious and great to make with kids!
Now that you know what beignets are, let’s get to the Princess Tiana Beignets recipe!
What ingredients do you need for this sweet treat?
1 1/4 cup warm milk
1 1/2 tsp yeast
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 1 egg
2 tbsp melted unsalted butter
2 cup all-purpose flour
Honey, drizzled to your liking Powdered sugar, dusted to your liking
Super simple ingredients you can get at the grocery store. The kids will love these! Now you don’t have to go all the way to New Orleans to make these fun treats!
If you are having a Princess and the Frog themed birthday party, or any Disney themed party, these are so perfect!
Sweet treats that everyone will love! That is what Princess Tiana Beignets are all about. Make this for your next party or event and you’re sure to be the hit of the treat table!
Check out the recipe below!
These super fun Princess Tiana themed beignets are so great to make and perfect for any Disney Movie night or princess party!
- 1 1/4 cup warm milk
- 1 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 1 egg
- 2 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- Honey, drizzled to your liking Powdered sugar, dusted to your liking
- Combine warm milk and yeast and let rest for 5 mins
- Add in sugar and 1.5 cups all-purpose flour, mix to incorporate
- Add egg, melted butter, and 2 more cups of all-purpose flour
- Switch to the dough hook and mix for 5 mins at medium speed and 2 mins at high speed The dough should be smooth and fluffy
- Cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap
- Set in a warm place to rise for 60 mins
- Once the dough is doubled in size, punch it down with a fist
- Roll out onto a lightly floured surface and roll out with a rolling pin to about 1/3 thickness Cut out squares to the desired size.
- Heat vegetable oil too high it should be bubbling so they puff up immediately
- Add squares of dough and fry for 30 secs on each side
- Drizzle with honey and dust with powdered sugar.
- Note: For best results serve fresh
Amount Per Serving Calories 276Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 27mgSodium 23mgCarbohydrates 54gFiber 1gSugar 20gProtein 6g
If you liked this fun recipe be sure to tag and follow on Instagram for more!
Pin it for later!
Check out these fun Disney recipes before you go!