Looking for a fun treat to make with the kids? These Rainbow Rice Krispy treats are not only delicious but they are made with your favorite classic cereals!
I’ll be honest. I’d like to think that when I purchase Rice Krispie treats they are only for the kids.
They are not. I love them just as much as anyone else in this house! They are my guilty pleasure, I’ve loved them since I was a kid!
One of the coolest things about Rice Krispy treats is that they are super versatile.
You can decorate them with melted chocolate and your favorite candy. Or you can add fun ingredients. They are such a fun blank canvas to work with.
Today’s Rainbow Rice Krispie Treats are so fun because they are made from scratch with some delicious colorful cereal and melted chocolate!
What ingredients do I need to make these rainbow Rice Krispie treats?
5 tablespoons butter
6 cups mini marshmallows divided
4 cups lucky charms marshmallows (JUST the marshmallows!) If you have a box at home, it’s a fun task for the kids to separate the marshmallows from the cereal! Or of course you can purchase the marshmallows ONLY from Amazon or your supermarket.
2 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
4 cups Fruity Pebbles
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
White candy melts – you can grab these on Amazon or at Your grocery store.
Where can I serve these yummy multi colored rice Krispy treats?
Anywhere to be honest! But if you are having a rainbow themed baby shower or birthday party these are perfect!
They are one of those treats that you keep on the display table because not only are they pretty, everyone is going to want one!
What tools do I need to make these treats?
A 9×13 pan is great for use. If you are looking for extra thick treats you can use an 8×8 pan!
Be sure to let me know how much you love these!
These super fun rice krispy treats are made with your favorite colorful and yummy cereals! A tasty treat that is fun to make with kids.
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups mini marshmallows divided
- 4 cups lucky charms marshmallows
- 2 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- 4 cups Fruity Pebbles
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- White candy melts
- Line 9x13 pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Set aside. (Use 8x8 pan for extra thick treats)
- Melt butter in a large dutch oven or pot. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted on low heat (careful not to burn them)
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Add Krispy cereal and mix to get the gooey marshmallow to melt and continue stirring to coat completely.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and press in evenly.
- Let set in pan for up to one hour before cutting into bars.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and top with sprinkles!
- Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days, but Krispie treats are always best the first day.
Amount Per Serving Calories 288Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 15mgSodium 270mgCarbohydrates 55gFiber 1gSugar 29gProtein 3g
If you liked these Rainbow Rice Krispy treats be sure to check out these fun kid friendly recipes: