One thing this lockdown has forced me to do is become super creative with everything that I’ve got on hand. Today I’ve got a simple and amazing apple cinnamon muffins recipe that you will make again and again!
Cooking…all the time
I know that we have not been though anything like this before but no one told me that we would have to cook so MUCH. There is breakfast, lunch and dinner meals. Did you know that most humans, especially child humans like to eat 3 times a day?
I used to love cooking before all of this *waves wildly*. I don’t even understand how to meal plan anymore. My fridge is full of meats that are responsibly being thawed every night and the quarantine snacks are plenty.
I had a taste for muffins one day so I jumped on Pinterest and checked to see what I could whip up with minimal dishes that needed to be washed (because let’s be honest that’s a whole situation in itself!).
I have always loved anything apple and cinnamon. I had a fresh new bag of apples ready to go, and though one of my least favorite things are peeling apples, I did it for these muffins and it was so worth it!
I knew I had apples, cinnamon and all the essential baking items. Apple cinnamon is one of my favorite muffin/cake/sweets combinations so I knew that was what I needed to make!
For example my famous French Apple Cake is still one of my favorite things!I thought about making my famous apple crisp but I wanted something not necessarily warm and something with a bit more texture that my boys can grab and go.
Plus I especially loved this recipe from Recipe Girl because it made 12 servings, within a few days these muffins were ALL gone. I always worry about over baking.
Previously when I got the itch to bake, I would simply just send the remainder to my husband’s job, or take it to a PTA meeting. Now we have nowhere to go, so I am EXTRA vigilant about food waste.
Super Easy Apple Cinnamon Muffins
I didn’t follow this recipe to a T. I’ll be honest, I used ONE apple–have I ever told you guys that one of my least favorite things to do is peel an apple?
I also didn’t use the 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour, I didn’t have any on hand so I used a full 1 and 1/2 cups of regular flour.
Maybe when this thing is all over, I’ll try to get some whole wheat flour and see if it really makes that much of a difference?? To me it was still super yummy.
Related: Easy No Sugar Healthy Carrot Muffins
Also, take the time to make the crumble. It is perfect on top. Brings a bit of culinary professionalism if you will.
How To Enjoy Apple Cinnamon Muffins
I personally love these with a good cup of tea for breakfast. My kids eat them all times of the day as a snack! They are a fun treat for anytime really.
These easy and delicious muffins use pantry staples and are a delicious breakfast or anytime treat!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 large apple (peeled, cored & chopped)
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl whisk together dry ingredients. Add oil, egg and milk and stir just until combined. Fold in apples. Divide batter between the 12 muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix topping ingredients, blending together with a pastry cutter or fork. Sprinkle over unbaked muffins.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
Before you go, grab Your Free Printable Recipe Kit —Today!
Write down your favorite recipes and create your own personal cookbook of your favorite food creations!