July 4th is one of my favorite holidays! I remember the sheer anticipation I used to have for this holiday as a kid. Now it’s a fun family time to spend with kids! Today I’ve got some kid friendly red white and blue 4th of July Cupcakes for the entire family to enjoy.
4th Of July Fun
Can you believe that even though I am a born and raised New Yorker, I have never been to the Macy’s Fireworks Parade? The simple thought of the crowds and the late time I’d get home is enough to deter me from going every single year.
I love watching the fireworks show on TV at 9pm, but I have never seen it in person. Usually I am at someone’s BBQ enjoying the quick glimpses of fireworks in my neighborhood.
The regulations for 4th of July fireworks have changed so much since I was a kid! Back in the day you used to be able to get some low level fireworks pretty much any store or bodega.
Related: July 4th Kids Word Search Printable + Fourth Of July Activities For Kids
My personal favorite was the Sparklers. They were SO fun and manageable even when I was a little kid. Unfortunately, even those fun fireworks have been outlawed in New York. Booo! But I totally understand the safety precautions.
4th Of July Cupcakes
There is no better way to get festive on the 4th of July than having a fun display of red white and blue food. Today I’ve got some easy cupcakes that you can make with the kids.
The recipe is fairly simple and requires freeze dried strawberries. The strawberries are completely optional and can be bought at your local grocery store, but you can also learn how to do your own freeze dry strawberries here. Again, totally optional but it adds a nice flavor to the cupcakes.
To make them extra festive check out these 50 count pack of all American cupcake liners!Enjoy and have a very safe Fourth of July holiday celebration!
Delicious 4th of July Patriotic Cupcakes
A fun and easy red white and blue cupcakes recipe perfect for your 4th of July celebrations!
- Cupcake Batter Ingredients List:
- • 1 1⁄2 cups all purpose flour
- • 1 tsp baking powder
- • 1⁄2 tsp salt
- • 1 stick butter, melted
- • 1 1⁄4 cup sugar
- • 1⁄2 tbsp vanilla
- • 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- • 3 eggs
- • 1 cup freeze dried strawberries, crushed
- Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting:
- • 3 cups sifted confectioners sugar
- • 1/3 cup butter, softened
- • 2 tbsp milk
- • 1 1⁄2 tsp vanilla
- • Red, white, blue non-pareil candies
- • Red and blue food coloring if desired
- Additional items:
- • cupcake pan
- • patriotic cupcake liners
- • cake tester or toothpick
- • stand or hand mixer
- • frosting decorating tools
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar and melted butter. Add in eggs one at a time until well blended.
- Alternate blending in flour mixture and milk to the butter, sugar, and eggs. Mix just until combined.
- Fold in freeze dried strawberries.
- Scoop cupcake batter into liners 3⁄4 full.
- Heat oven to 350°. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick or cake tester comes clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- To make frosting, sift confectioners sugar then mix with softened butter, milk, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Separate a small amount of buttercream into two small ramekins and blend in red and blue food coloring until desired color is reached.
- Prepare your decorating tools. Use a wide tip for the white buttercream. Use a very small circluar tip for each of the blue and red colors.
- To frost the cupcakes, start on the outer edge and squeeze the white buttercream onto the cupcake going in a circular motion all the way around to the middle, overlapping each layer slightly. Pipe red and blue buttercream and sprinkle with red, white, blue non-pareil candies.
- Enjoy. Keep in covered container.
Amount Per Serving Calories 247Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 47mgSodium 168mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 1gSugar 30gProtein 2g
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!
Healthy July 4th Flag Fruit Skewers
Easy 4th of July Flag Pie Recipe
Red White and Blue 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats
Red White and Blue July 4th Ice Cream Pie
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!
Saturday 20th of June 2020
These are very lovely cupcakes and yummy also