Easy and Healthy Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
These easy and healthy air fryer Mozzarella Sticks require no oil and are so easy to make. Simple ingredients and a great taste!
Today I’ve got a super amazing and simple recipe perfect for the big game, appetizers for the family or just a general snack! Who doesn’t love yummy Mozzarella sticks?!
Check out this amazing and healthy air fryer mozzarella sticks recipe that is not only tasty but sure to please!
It’s no secret that I have been obsessed with kitchen gadgets for a very long time. If you check my pantry there may or may not be a ton of gadgets that I used ONCE and never used again.
I love to cook, so the illusion of making cooking easier is an easy one to sell me on.`
While I absolutely love all the things that my oven and stove top can do, the air fryer has changed everything for me. I was first introduced to the air fryer a few years ago at an event, and while I was a bit skeptical–I recognized it’s power.
I made these amazing Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables and haven’t looked back since!
Then I met The Ninja Foodi
I started by making a simple mac and cheese, then I heated some french fries, a million meals later and here I am!
What is the best tip for air fryers?
One thing I learned really quickly is ALWAYS preheat your air fryer. It takes no time. Set it on 400 degrees, then let it heat with nothing in it for 4 minutes.
I skipped this step when I first got my air fryer but it makes a big difference when it comes to exact cook times.
Why make Mozzarella Sticks In The Air Fryer?
WHY NOT? But really, the air fryer just gives that restaurant quality deep fry crisp without all of the pesky unhealthiness. Plus it helps when you know exactly what ingredients are in your dish!
Let’s be honest, sometimes food from restaurants are deep fried with lots of other food–these are just as good!
Plus the air fryer is set it and forget it, you don’t have to watch the magic happen! You don’t have to be stuck in the kitchen while everyone else is watching the game OR playing one. 🙂
Plan ahead for parties
This recipe requires that you freeze the sticks for 3 hours, so make sure you plan ahead for snacks! You can put them in after breakfast to make for lunch or a snack later on.
One of America’s favorite snacks just became healthier with the air fryer. This recipe is so easy and full of delicious flavor. Makes a great snack, or appetizer for your party needs.
- 12- 1oz mozzarella cheese sticks
- 1⁄4 cup all purpose flour
- 1.5 to 1.75 cups of panko breadcrumbs
- 1.5 Tablespoons Italian seasoning mix
- large pinch of salt (if your Italian seasoning is salted you may or may not want to add more salt)
- large pinch of ground black pepper
- 2 large, lightly beaten eggs
- cooking oil spray
- Freeze the mozzarella cheese sticks, either still in their
individual package or on a cookie sheet.
- Freeze until fully firm (about 3 hours) or you can also do it overnight to have ready to use the next day.
- Right before you take out the cheese sticks pour the flour, the panko crumbs and eggs into their own small shallow bowl, so you’ll have 3 separate bowls.
- Mix in the Italian seasoning, pinch of salt and pepper into the breadcrumbs until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with
cooking oil spray, set aside.
- Roll each frozen mozzarella stick in the flour making sure to thoroughly coat it on all sides.
- Then dip into the lightly beaten eggs, again making sure
it’s completely coated.
- Next dredge in the seasoned breadcrumbs and making sure
to fully coat the entire cheese stick. Lay on baking sheet and continue until all of the cheese sticks have been breaded.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes, do not discard breading ingredients. After freezing for 10 minutes, make sure your air fryer is ready to go and that the basket is on the counter.
- Dip the cheese stick into the remaining beaten eggs, then into the breadcrumbs and then lay inside the air fryer basket. (It’s not necessary to spray the
battered cheese stick again with the oil spray, but you can if you’d like.)
- Continue until you have enough stick to fit comfortably in the basket but without overcrowding.
- Set air fryer to 390F and 5 minutes. Cook the sticks for
these 5 minutes then carefully flip over and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes until golden. Remove from air fryer and place on a serving dish.
- Continue air frying the remaining mozzarella sticks until all have been fried. Serve with your favorite marinara sauce or any other dipping sauce of choice.
Amount Per Serving Calories 211Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 53mgSodium 374mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 11g
Before you go, grab Your Free Printable Recipe Kit —Today!
Write down your favorite recipes and create your own personal cookbook of your favorite food creations!
If you liked these Mozzarella Sticks be sure to check these amazing Air Fryer Recipes!