Skip the trip to your local donut shop and enjoy these fresh-baked, flavorful Glazed Blueberry Donuts made from scratch. They have an excellent taste that makes them perfect for breakfast or dessert.
Do you love a good donut? If you’d normally get donuts at Dunkin’ or a local donut shop, why not save yourself some money by making them from scratch?
Use this Glazed Blueberry Donuts recipe to prepare the most flavorful and fresh donuts you’ve tasted with real blueberries added into the batter. Once you try them, you won’t want to go back to buying them from the store again!
Why You’ll Love the Glazed Blueberry Donuts Recipe
You’re making these flavorful donuts from scratch with simple baking ingredients, such as all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, cinnamon, unsalted butter, and more. You can also follow this recipe while using other fruits, such as strawberries and raspberries.
It’s easy to prepare the homemade glaze to spread on top of these donuts with three simple ingredients, including powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract.
Once you’ve prepared these donuts, you can serve them fresh while they’re warm or eat them cold and at room temperature, depending on what you prefer most.
Do I need to use fresh or frozen blueberries in this recipe?
You can use fresh or frozen blueberries! It depends on what you have available. If you’re using fresh blueberries, be sure to rinse them off well before you use them. When using frozen blueberries, give them time to thaw before you add them to your batter.
What ingredients do I need for these blueberry donuts?
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tbsp, unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup milk
2 large eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup blueberries
For the Glaze:
1 cup of powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Why do I need to add cinnamon and nutmeg?
Adding cinnamon and nutmeg to the batter for your donuts gives them more flavor.
These two ingredients pair perfectly with the taste of the vanilla extract and the blueberries that you’ll add to the mixture to prepare these tasty Glazed Blueberry Donuts.
What tools do I need to make this recipe?
Joseph Rolling Pin
Enjoy! If you make these awesome donuts be sure to tag and follow us on Instagram for more fun recipes!
Easy Homemade Glazed Blueberry Donuts
These incredible easy homemade glazed blueberry donuts are so good and amazing with your coffee or tea!
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tbsp, unsalted butter, melted 1/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- For the Glaze:
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together. In a smaller bowl whisk egg, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Pour melted butter into the flour mixture and stir until small crumbs form.
- Next, add the egg mixture into the flour mixture, and lastly fold in blueberries.
- Place dough on a heavily floured surface and sprinkle the top before rolling out. The dough will be soft but we don't want it very sticky
- Using a donut cutter, cut out the donuts.
- Fold the extra dough gently bringing it together in a ball to roll out again.
Try not to overwork the dough.
- Heat the vegetable or canola oil in a dutch oven or large enough pot to fry 2-3 donuts at a time. Test the oil temperature with a donut hole first. It should sink and then float within 10 seconds. Fry donuts and let drain on wire rack, preferably over a baking sheet.
- For the glaze:
Add all the ingredients to a bowl and whisk them together.
Amount Per Serving Calories 182Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 44mgSodium 169mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 1gSugar 18gProtein 4g
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed these yummy donuts, be sure to check these fun recipes out too!
Lemon Poppyseed Blueberry Muffins
Blueberry No Bake Cheesecake Dessert
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!