I have always been a fan of unique salads. To be honest, you can do so much with salads but this easy anti pasto salad (some might say anti-pasta) is so yummy! Today I’m giving you are recipe that is not only classic but it’s delicious!
Salads That Stand Out
Most nights you can bet that I have a side of spring mix from the box on the table as a dinner side. Don’t we all do this? It’s SO simple to grab a box or bag of salad and keep it moving. It takes the guess work out of a healthy side and you can dress it however you like–with cheese, more veggies and of course, salad dressing.
What exactly is Anti Pasto Salad?
According to wiki: Antipasto (plural antipasti) is the traditional first course of a formal Italian meal. Typical ingredients of a traditional antipasto include cured meats, olives, peperoncini, mushrooms, anchovies, artichoke hearts, various cheeses (such as provolone or mozzarella), pickled meats, and vegetables in oil or vinegar.
The first time I had anti pasto salad, I was blown away! First I didn’t even realize that you could add so many yummy parts to a salad! I first tasted it at an Italian restaurant and it was so good I thought that was my main dish but it was just a starter!
The ingredients that we are using for this anti pasto dish are:
• 1 large head or 2 hearts romaine chopped
• 4 ounces mozzarella cheese cubed
• 4 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
• 1/2 cup artichoke hearts chopped
• 4 ounces salami sliced in halves
• 4 ounces pepperoni lived in halves
• 1/2 cup black olives
• 1/2 cup pepperoncini
• Italian dressing to taste
The flavor combination of this easy anti pasto salad is so good! It’s a fantastic appetizer before this 20 Minute One Pot Tomato Basil Pasta!
What can you serve with anti pasto salad?
Anti pasto salad pairs well with a variety of Italian-inspired dishes. Some great options for serving alongside anti pasto salad include:
• Grilled Steak or Chicken – The salty flavors from the cured meats and cheeses in the anti pasto salad pair nicely with grilled steak or chicken.
• Bruschetta – A variety of bruschetta toppings, such as diced tomatoes and mozzarella, pair nicely with the salty flavors in the anti pasto salad.
• Pasta Dishes – Serve anti pasto salad alongside pasta dishes like ziti with marinara sauce or spaghetti carbonara.
• Garlic Bread – A crusty loaf of garlic bread is a great accompaniment for anti pasto salad.
• Pizza – Pizza makes a great side dish for anti pasto salad, especially if it’s topped with salami or other cured meats.
No matter what you serve with your anti pasto salad, you’re sure to have a delicious Italian-inspired meal that all your guests will love.
What are some helpful tips for making anti pasto salad?
When making anti pasto salad, it’s important to use the best-quality ingredients you can find. Here are some helpful tips for putting together a delicious anti pasto salad:
• Choose high-quality cured meats and cheeses – Look for varieties that have been cured or aged in the traditional Italian style.
• Cut the ingredients into small pieces – This will help ensure that every bite is full of flavor.
• Use a variety of vegetables – We suggest pairing the cured meats and cheeses with fresh tomatoes, artichokes, bell peppers, olives, mushrooms, onions, and/or celery.
• Add a flavorful dressing – To round out the flavors, top the salad with a simple Italian vinaigrette or a creamy Caesar-style dressing.
• Allow the salad to marinate for several hours – This will help all the ingredients come together and blend their flavors.
Follow these tips and your anti pasto salad will be sure to impress your guests.
Storing Antipasto salad
If you have leftovers, it’s best to store the anti pasto salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. If you want to make ahead, assemble the salad as instructed and store it covered in the fridge for up to two days before serving. The flavors will develop even more over time! When ready to serve, let the salad sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before enjoying.
What are some other yummy salad recipes to try?
- Easy Copycat Applebees Oriental Chicken Salad Recipe
- Easy Homemade Italian Salad Dressing Recipe
- The Best Cobb Salad Recipe With Pan Seared Chicken
- Grilled Chicken Apple Salad With Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Red White and Blueberry Salad With Homemade Blueberry Vinaigrette
- Easy Grilled Steak Salad Recipe With Avocado
How to prep ahead anti pasto salad?
If you’re looking to prep your anti pasto salad ahead of time, there are a few steps you can take. First, prepare all of the ingredients as instructed and store them separately in airtight containers. This will help keep their flavors and textures intact. Then, assemble the salad up to two days before serving and store it covered in the fridge. When ready to serve, let the salad sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before enjoying.
You can also make a big batch of anti pasto salad and store it in the freezer for up to three months. To do this, assemble the salad as instructed and freeze it in an airtight container or bag.
Easy Anti Pasto Salad
A delicious pasta featuring yummy meats, black olives and mozzarella cheese. Great for serving as an appetizer for your next Italian meal!
- • 1 large head or 2 hearts romaine chopped
- • 4 ounces mozzarella cheese cubed
- • 4 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
- • 1/2 cup artichoke hearts chopped
- • 4 ounces salami sliced in halves
- • 4 ounces pepperoni lived in halves
- • 1/2 cup black olives
- • 1/2 cup pepperoncini
- • Italian dressing to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Serve & drizzle with Italian dressing.
Amount Per Serving Calories 182Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 33mgSodium 664mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 11g
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!
The Best Quick and Easy Lunch Recipes
The Best Pasta Recipes For Weeknight Dinners
Easy and Tasty Dinner Ideas For The Whole Family
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!