I have always been a fan of unique salads. To be honest, you can do so much with salads but this easy anti pasto salad (some might say anti-pasta) is so yummy! Today I’m giving you are recipe that is not only classic but it’s delicious!
Salads That Stand Out
Most nights you can bet that I have a side of spring mix from the box on the table as a dinner side. Don’t we all do this? It’s SO simple to grab a box or bag of salad and keep it moving. It takes the guess work out of a healthy side and you can dress it however you like–with cheese, more veggies and of course, salad dressing.
One of my favorite unique salads is this super healthy and tasty Brussel Sprout Salad. Most people don’t use brussels sprouts for salads but the possibilities are endless!
What exactly is Anti Pasto Salad?
According to wiki: Antipasto (plural antipasti) is the traditional first course of a formal Italian meal. Typical ingredients of a traditional antipasto include cured meats, olives, peperoncini, mushrooms, anchovies, artichoke hearts, various cheeses (such as provolone or mozzarella), pickled meats, and vegetables in oil or vinegar.
The first time I had anti pasto salad, I was blown away! First I didn’t even realize that you could add so many yummy parts to a salad! I first tasted it at an Italian restaurant and it was so good i thought that was my main dish but it was just a starter!
The ingredients that we are using for this anti pasto dish are:
• 1 large head or 2 hearts romaine chopped
• 4 ounces mozzarella cheese cubed
• 4 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
• 1/2 cup artichoke hearts chopped
• 4 ounces salami sliced in halves
• 4 ounces pepperoni lived in halves
• 1/2 cup black olives
• 1/2 cup pepperoncini
• Italian dressing to taste
The flavor combination of this easy anti pasto salad is so good! It’s a fantastic appetizer before this 20 Minute One Pot Tomato Basil Pasta!
A delicious pasta featuring yummy meats, black olives and mozzarella cheese. Great for serving as an appetizer for your next Italian meal!
- • 1 large head or 2 hearts romaine chopped
- • 4 ounces mozzarella cheese cubed
- • 4 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
- • 1/2 cup artichoke hearts chopped
- • 4 ounces salami sliced in halves
- • 4 ounces pepperoni lived in halves
- • 1/2 cup black olives
- • 1/2 cup pepperoncini
- • Italian dressing to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Serve & drizzle with Italian dressing.
Amount Per Serving Calories 182Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 33mgSodium 664mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 11g