This coconut cream pie is the perfect dessert for any occasion. It’s light, refreshing, and sure to please everyone at the table. Super simple recipe for an amazing treat!
What is coconut cream pie?
Coconut cream pie is a dessert pie made with a coconut custard filling and a graham cracker crust. It is a popular dessert in the United States and is often served at holidays and special occasions.
The coconut custard filling is made with butter, eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract. The filling is cooked until it is thickened and then chilled. The graham cracker crust is made with graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. The crust is baked until it is golden brown.
The coconut cream pie is assembled by placing the graham cracker crust in a pie plate and then filling it with the coconut custard filling. The pie is then chilled until it is set. The pie is often garnished with whipped cream and toasted coconut.
Coconut cream pie is a delicious and refreshing dessert that is perfect for any occasion. It is a great way to use up leftover coconut milk and is sure to please everyone at the table.
Where can you serve this coconut cream pie?
You can serve this coconut cream pie anywhere you like. It is a delicious and refreshing dessert that is perfect for any occasion. Here are a few ideas:
- At a potluck or party: This pie is sure to be a hit at any gathering. It is easy to transport and can be served in individual slices or as a whole pie.
- At a picnic: This pie is perfect for a summer picnic. It is light and refreshing, and it will keep well in a cooler.
- At a family gathering: This pie is a great way to end a meal with family and friends. It is sure to please everyone at the table.
- At a holiday gathering: This pie is perfect for any holiday gathering. It is festive and delicious, and it is sure to be a hit with everyone.
Where ingredients do you need for this coconut cream pie?
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust (use your favorite homemade pie crust or store-bought)
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ cup coconut flakes, divided
This awesome pie has an amazing coconut flavor and it’s a coconut lover’s dream. This easy recipe with a flaky crust makes the best pie! It has a great creamy filling and you can find all the directions in the recipe card below. If you want to be even more fancy you can use toast coconut for a little razzle dazzle.
How Do You Make this easy coconut cream pie?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the butter, sugar, eggs, and salt until they reach a nice lemony color.
- Add in the flour and blend well, before beating in the milk.
- Fold 1 cup of coconut into the pie filling and then pour the filling into the unbaked pie shell. Sprinkle remaining ½ coconut over the top of the pie.
- Bake for 1 hour, and then cool completely on a wire rack.
What are some easy tips for making the best coconut cream pie?
- Start with a pre-made graham cracker crust for the base of your coconut cream pie. You can make your own, but it’s much easier to use a pre-made one.
- Sweeten the filling with a combination of regular and light brown sugar for an enhanced flavor profile.
- Flavor the pie with vanilla extract, coconut extract, and almond extract for a tropical twist.
- Top the pie with freshly whipped cream or toasted coconut flakes for added texture and sweetness.
- Refrigerate for at least 4-5 hours before serving or overnight for the best results.
What are some frequently asked questions about making coconut cream pie?
- What type of crust should I use?
A graham cracker crust is the most common choice for coconut cream pie, but you can also use a shortbread, homemade crust or pastry crust.
- How much sugar should I add to the filling?
It depends on your taste preferences. Start with 3/4 cup sugar and adjust to taste.
- Can I use coconut milk instead of heavy cream?
Yes, you can absolutely use full-fat canned coconut milk for the filling instead of cream or evaporated milk.
- How do I store leftover pie?
You can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- How do I know when the pie is set?
When you gently jiggle it, the middle should be firm and not wobbly. You can also test with a toothpick; if it comes out clean, your coconut cream pie is ready.
What are some other great pie recipes to try?
- Easy and Delicious Oreo Dirt Pie Recipe
- Try This Easy Reeses Pie For Dessert
- Delicious Cracker Barrel Buttermilk Pie
- Homemade Apple Pie From Scratch
This coconut pie is one of my favorite pie recipes for coconut lovers. It has a flaky pie crust for a special occasion and this homemade coconut cream pie is even better the next day. This is the best coconut cream pie recipe! The coconut cream filling coconut base is just so good in this old fashioned coconut cream pie! It’s a great dessert recipe for the whole family.
The buttery pie crust really makes this one of the best custard pies.
If you are looking for some more amazing dessert recipes be sure to check out this comprehensive list: 50+ Fun and Easy Dessert Recipes For Kids!
This coconut cream pie recipe features a yummy and creamy coconut filling, can be used with your favorite pie crust, and topped with coconut shavings. Perfect for Thanksgiving and anytime. 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 2. Beat the butter, sugar, eggs, and salt until they reach a nice lemony color. 3. Add in the flour and blend well, before beating in the milk. 4. Fold 1 cup of coconut into the pie filling and then pour the filling into the unbaked pie shell. Sprinkle remaining ½ coconut over the top of the pie. 5. Bake for 1 hour, and then cool completely on a wire rack.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 457Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 78mgSodium 295mgCarbohydrates 60gFiber 2gSugar 44gProtein 4g
This coconut cream pie recipe features a yummy and creamy coconut filling, can be used with your favorite pie crust, and topped with coconut shavings. Perfect for Thanksgiving and anytime.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat the butter, sugar, eggs, and salt until they reach a nice lemony color.
3. Add in the flour and blend well, before beating in the milk.
4. Fold 1 cup of coconut into the pie filling and then pour the filling into the unbaked pie shell. Sprinkle remaining ½ coconut over the top of the pie.
5. Bake for 1 hour, and then cool completely on a wire rack.
Today I am so excited to be participating in Blog Friendsgiving!
I have joined up with a bunch of blogger friends for a Friendsgiving Virtual Potluck! Be sure to check the recipes below out for wonderful Friendsgiving and Thanksgiving recipe and craft ideas!
Sauteed Kale and Brussels Sprout Salad with Cranberries and Walnuts from Shashi of Savory Spin
Creamy Brussels Sprouts Salad from Faith of An Edible Mosaic
Fried Brussels Sprouts from Erin of The Almond Eater
Cheesy Horseradish Mashed Potato Casserole from Renee of Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip from April of April Golightly
Easy Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole Recipe from Mel of Adventures of Mel
Cornbread Stuffing with Chorizo from Isabel of Isabel Eats
Bacon Brussels Sprouts from Kara of Kara J. Miller
Crockpot Sweet Potato Casserole from Jennifer of Show Me the Yummy
Amazing Gluten Free Thanksgiving Stuffing from Sommer of A Spicy Perspective
Crockpot Mac & Cheese from Leanette Fernandez of Funtastic Life
Cheesy Brussels Sprouts au Gratin from Rachel Gurk of Rachel Cooks
Spiced Pumpkin Margarita from Sharon of Cupcakes and Cutlery
Sourdough Pull Apart Rolls from Erica of Buttered Side Up
How to Make Homemade Butterhorn Rolls from Mel of Flour on My Fingers
Sweet Dinner Rolls from Jocelyn of Grandbaby Cakes
Parker House Rolls from Irvin of Eat the Love
Sugar Pie from Julie of The Little Kitchen
Oatmeal Apple Crisp from Julie of Peanut Butter Fingers
Pumpkin Pie Milkshake from Eden of Sugar and Charm
Strudel Pastry from Justine of The Typical Mom
Tahini Hawaij Pumpkin Pie from Amy of What Jew Wanna Eat
Turkey Cookies from Meaghan of The Decorated Cookie
Kabocha squash pie from Hilah of hilahcooking
Pecan Pie Cupcakes from Courtney of Pizzazzerie
Coconut Cream Pie from Schnelle of Brooklyn Active Mama
Chocolate chip cheesecake from Jeannette of Hispana Global
Chocolate Pecan Pie from Kate of I Heart Eating
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes from Chelsea of Someday I’ll Learn
Turkey Donut Race Cars For Thanksgiving Treats from Theresa of Chewable Structures
Crafts and Centerpieces
Cinnamon Stick Holiday Candle Place Setting from Alli of Made with HAPPY
Metallic Pumpkin Luminaries from Amy of As The Bunny Hops
Easy centerpiece that will stun + party favor from Noelle of Oh Happy Play
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!