Christmas Lasagna Dessert Bars: A Festive Symphony of Flavors
Unveil the spirit of the Christmas season with a whimsical layered dessert recipe that’s sure to be a big hit at your holiday gatherings.
Imagine the colors of Christmas stacked in layers of mouthwatering delight: a red velvet shortbread cookie crust, a creamy white chocolate fudge layer, a vibrant green peppermint cheesecake layer, all topped with crushed peppermint and whipped cream. Let’s dive into this delicious treat that’s perfect for Christmas Eve dinner or Christmas Day celebrations.
Q: Can I use store-bought whipped cream?
A: Yes, a container of Cool Whip is the best option if you’re short on time. However, making your own whipped cream will give you stiff peaks and a fresher taste.
Q: How do I get the green layer so vibrant?
A: Use green gel food coloring in the peppermint cheesecake layer for a vivid hue.
Q: Can I substitute instant pudding mix for the white chocolate fudge layer?
A: Absolutely! You can use instant white chocolate pudding mix for a simpler version.
Tips and Tricks
- For the red velvet layer, you can add cocoa powder to your usual vanilla flavor cookie dough along with red food coloring for a unique twist.
- To achieve the best results, ensure all your cream cheese is at room temperature before mixing.
- For an even layer, use a large mixing bowl for each cream cheese mixture and spread carefully on top of the cooled cookie layer.
- Swap the sugar cookie crust with an Oreo crust for a chocolatey touch.
- Instead of peppermint extract, try vanilla pudding with vanilla extract for a classic layer.
- For a nutty twist, replace the green pudding layer with pistachio pudding.
Where to Serve
This Christmas Lasagna Dessert is the perfect dessert for any Christmas party, dinner, or gathering. It’s also a sweet treat for gifting during the holiday season.
Wrap the top of the lasagna with plastic wrap and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. It’s best enjoyed within the first 48 hours for maximum freshness.
Common Problems and How to Avoid Them
Problem: Cheesecake layer isn’t setting
Solution: Make sure you whip the heavy cream and cream cheese mixture properly. Also, allow adequate time for the lasagna to set in the fridge.
Problem: Colors bleeding into each other
Solution: Make sure each layer is fully set before adding the next layer.
Tips for Making This Recipe with Kids
- Kids can easily color the cookie dough with red food coloring and help press it into the bottom of the pan.
- Let them sprinkle the final layer with festive sprinkles or mini marshmallows.
- Engage them in simple tasks like stirring the pudding mixture or adding green food coloring to the cream cheese layer.
Adorn your Christmas Lasagna Dessert with whipped cream, crushed candy canes, or even festive sprinkles for a merry Christmas touch.
Why This Recipe Works
At its core, the Christmas Lasagna Dessert recipe works because it marries simplicity with flavor. The combination of red velvet shortbread cookie crust, white chocolate chips, and peppermint extract creates a delicious dessert that’s both visually and gastronomically pleasing. Moreover, the contrast between the creamy layers of white chocolate fudge and peppermint cheesecake provides a diverse texture and taste experience.
If you’re thinking about what to bake next time, don’t hesitate to try this Christmas Lasagna Dessert. You’re just a few easy steps away from the most enchanting and colorful layers of red velvet cake, peppermint flavor, and creamy deliciousness.
With simple ingredients and a little time, you’ll find that this is the recipe that keeps giving—right from the first layer to the delicious final bite. Cheers to a delicious Christmas season!
Here are some more fun Christmas treats:
- Christmas Sugar Cookie Bars – Fun Treat For The Holidays
- Christmas Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookie Bars
- Adorable Christmas Reindeer Chocolate Bark
- Easy Christmas Crack Recipe
These Christmas Lasagna Dessert Bars are so good and fun to make for the holiday season!
- Sugar Cookie Crust
- Roll of sugar cookie dough
- Red Food Dye
- White Chocolate Fudge
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Peppermint Cheesecake
- 3 8-ounce packages of cream cheese
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Green Food Dye
- Crushed Peppermint
- Whipped Cream
- Line a 9x11 baking dish with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl add the whole tube of sugar cookie dough. Place a generous amount of red food dye on the dough. Use your hands to blend the color in and create a deep red sugar cookie dough.
- Press this cookie dough evenly into the bottom of the baking dish. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. While this cools, make the cheesecake filling
- In a separate bowl add in the cream cheese. Blend with a hand mixer until creamy and smooth. Add the white sugar and blend again until combined.
- Add in each egg one at a time, mixing between each addition until incorporated.
- Add the heavy cream, sour cream, vanilla and peppermint extracts and salt to finish this filling. Blend once more until the mixture is combined and smooth.
- Put a few drops of green food dye in this mixture folding together with a rubber spatula to fully incorporate the color.
- Pour this cheesecake filling on top of the sugar cookie dough crust in the baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes. The center will still be a bit jiggly, but at this point remove from the oven and let cool at room temperature for 1 hour.
- About 10 minutes before the cheesecake is done cooling, take another clean bowl and add the white chocolate chips and butter.
- Use the double boiler method and place this over a pot with simmering water. Stir every so often until the chocolate chips have melted and butter is combined.
- Pour in the sweetened condensed milk. Mix until everything is smooth.
- Remove from the heat and pour this last layer of the dessert lasagna on top of the cooled peppermint cheesecake. Spread evenly.
- Sprinkle crushed peppermint all over the top of the christmas lasagna.
- Cover and place in the fridge to set and cool for another 2 hours.
- Cut and enjoy, adding some whipped cream on top of each slice if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 697Total Fat 48gSaturated Fat 27gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 158mgSodium 374mgCarbohydrates 59gFiber 0gSugar 55gProtein 10g
Before you go, grab Your Free Printable Recipe Kit!
Write down your favorite recipes and create your own personal cookbook of your favorite food creations!
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!