What is your favorite type of scone? Your new favorite will be these apple cider country scones made with fresh apples and fall spices!
These apple cider scones are perfect for fall and are great with your morning coffee or tea! They taste amazing, especially when still warm from the oven. The best part about these flaky scones is that they’re easy to make, which means you can whip them up in no time. If you love apple cider you will adore these fall treats!
Scones are my weakness, I pretty much love every flavor. But apple cider scones are so good, especially when they are still warm.
The fall is such a great time to experiment with apple flavors! You can find apple cider in your local grocery stores or farmer’s markets and it’s a great time to use up any leftover bottles of it that you have. You will need fresh apples for the scone dough, the regular apple cider brings all of the awesome apple flavor.
Grab an extra pint next time you are at the store to make these delicious apple cinnamon scones! if you have leftovers you can always store them in an airtight container. If they aren’t eaten within a day or two you can pop them in the microwave for about 15 seconds and enjoy the delicious flavor again!
Fall treats are my JAM! These are no different, they are decadent and so yum. I actually made two batches in one day! It was just that good. The apple cider brings out a delicious flavor to them and I love the crunchy top that these get while baking.
The scones themselves are moist, flaky, and easy to make! I can’t implore you enough to make them. This is the best time of year for scone recipes. This recipes calls for a delicious cinnamon glaze on the tops of the scones.
These would go perfectly with your pumpkin spice latte — it’s my favorite season for all of the warm spices. These fresh apple cider scones are even better the next day! What is your favorite, a tough scone or a soft scone? I LOVE soft scones the most!
The apple cider and the glaze put these delicious scones over the top and in my opinion, they were awesome even before adding in that glaze.
What ingredients do you need for these Apple Cider Country Scones?
• 2 cups all-purpose flour • ¼ cup sugar • ¼ cup firm butter • 1/3 cup chopped apple • 1 egg • 1/3 cup apple cider • ½ cup chopped pecans • 1 ½ tsp baking powder • 1 tsp cinnamon • ½ tsp nutmeg
Topping: • 2 tbsp sugar • 2 tbsp butter • 1 tsp cinnamon
You won’t need any brown sugar, apple pie spice, vanilla extract or heavy cream for this great recipe.
What supplies do you need to make these delicious apple scones?
- pastry blender
- 2 knives can be used in a criss-crossing motion to cut butter into flour mixture
- 2” biscuit cutter
- baking sheet *light color baking sheets keep the bottoms of your pastries from burning
Enjoy and if you make these be sure to tag and follow me on Instagram for more recipes!
These apple cider scones are made with fresh apples and amazing fall spices! Topped with a delicious glaze you will make these over and over again.
- Batter Ingredients:
- • 2 cups all-purpose flour
- • 1⁄4 cup sugar
- • 1⁄4 cup firm butter
- • 1/3 cup chopped apple
- • 1 egg
- • 1/3 cup apple cider
- • 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- • 1 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- • 1 tsp cinnamon
- • 1⁄2 tsp nutmeg
- • 2 tbsp sugar
- • 2 tbsp butter
- • 1 tsp cinnamon
• Set oven to 400°
• Spray baking sheet with oil.
• In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
• Using the pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles course crumbs.
• Mix in egg and apple cider.
• Chop apple and blend into dough mixture.
• Turn dough onto lightly floured board.
• Pat dough into a 1/2” thick circle.
• Use 2” biscuit cutter to cut scones. Re-roll and flatten to use all the dough.
• Arrange on a baking sheet, touching each other.
• Melt butter and make topping by mixing sugar and cinnamon in a small dish.
• Brush the tops of the scones with melted butter.
• Sprinkle tops with cinnamon sugar.
• Sprinkle chopped pecans on top.
• Bake for 12 minutes.
• Place on a wire rack to cool or serve warm with butter.
• Store in a sealed container for 3-4 days or place in a freezer.
• Enjoy with coffee, tea, or better yet...apple cider!
Amount Per Serving Calories 156Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 25mgSodium 91mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 1gSugar 6gProtein 3g
Pin it for later!
If you loved these yummy apple treats be sure to try these too!