These apple cider donuts are so good and easy to make in your dash donut maker! Featuring amazing fresh ingredients, the whole family will love these treats!
These apple cider donuts are so good! Nothing says hello to the fall season like Apple Cider Donuts! You can finally see them in your local supermarkets and farmer’s markets–but why do all of that when you can easily make them at home with your dash donut maker?
Speaking of amazing appliances, this one is a game changer! I love love love new kitchen appliances and this one was an easy purchase. It’s only $20 for the basic one and if you want one with a bit of design it’s a little bit more. I still have my donut baking pan but this makes things way more easier!
Plus with this recipe I am showing you how you can decorate these fun donuts for Halloween too!
What ingredients do I need for these Apple Cider Donuts?
• 1 cup apple cider
• 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 egg
• 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
• 1⁄4 cup plain Greek yogurt
• 4 tbsp unsalted butter
• 1 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
• 1⁄4 tsp nutmeg
• 1⁄4 tsp salt
• 2 tbsp sugar
• 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tbsp unsalted butter
• 1⁄4 cup confectioners sugar
• 2 tsp apple cider
• variety of orange, yellow, black, candy sprinkles and round non-pariels
• candy corns *optional
The ingredients are super simple and the end result are perfect amazing donuts that you can give as gifts or bring to the beginning of the school year events, or sports games and so much more. Thanksgiving is also perfect for these.
Decorating for Halloween
You can have these plain or you can decorate these with orange, yellow, black candy sprinkles to make things festive for Halloween. If you are a fan of candy corns you can add those too! I am not, but I can’t deny the strong Halloween vibes.
These apple cider donuts are made easy in your dash donut maker! Halloween decoration options included!
- Donut Ingredients:
- • 1 cup apple cider
- • 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- • 1 egg
- • 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- • 1⁄4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- • 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- • 1 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- • 1 tsp vanilla extract
- • 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
- • 1⁄4 tsp nutmeg
- • 1⁄4 tsp salt
- Topping Ingredients:
- • 2 tbsp sugar
- • 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
- • 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- • 1⁄4 cup confectioners sugar
- • 2 tsp apple cider
- • variety of orange, yellow, black, candy sprinkles and round non-pariels
- • candy corns *optional
- In a small saucepan, boil apple cider until reduced to 1⁄2 cup. Set aside to cool.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan, or microwave. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add brown sugar, egg, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Add melted butter.
- Add reduced apple cider.
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients until it's a smooth batter. Set aside.
- Gather topping ingredients. Mix together sugar and cinnamon in a small shallow dish. Place
butter in a small shallow dish. Combine confectioners sugar and apple cider to make a glaze and
place in a small dish. Set aside. *Using shallow dishes allows you to easily dip the donuts into
the butter, glaze, and cinnamon sugar.
- Spray or oil Dash Donut Maker and plug in to heat up. You don't need to re-oil in between
- Spoon batter into donut spaces. I filled them up all the way. *You'll notice the batter start to rise
before you finish filling all the spaces and that's ok. Set the timer for 1 minute.
- Flip the donuts using a cake tester or long toothpick. *The donuts will be quite hot. Set your
timer for 2 minutes. (the Dash recipe book calls for cooking the donuts for a longer period of
time, 5 1⁄2 minutes total, I don't recommend it.)
- Lift the donuts out and set on the wire rack until all the donuts have been made. You should be
able to make about 4 batches.
- To decorate cinnamon sugar donuts: dip the donuts into the butter and then immediately into the
cinnamon sugar mix. Set on the rack.
- To decorate with sprinkles: using fingers or a cake tester, chopstick, or other long thin tool, dip
donuts into glaze. Place donuts glaze side up on wire rack and using fingers or a small spoon,
quickly add candy sprinkles and toppings before the glaze hardens. *Kids would love
decorating these donuts and personalizing their own.
- Serve with milk, apple cider, coffee, or tea. Enjoy!
Grab your Donut Dash Maker from Amazon -- here.
Amount Per Serving Calories 97Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 13mgSodium 59mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 0gSugar 10gProtein 1g
PIN IT FOR LATER:
If you liked this recipe be sure to check these out too!