Prepare a sweet and savory snack that tastes like your favorite dessert with this recipe for Apple Pie Egg Rolls. They’re easy to prepare, mess-free, and incredibly delicious.
Is apple pie one of your favorite desserts? Do you love the sweet taste of fresh apple slices combined with ingredients that take them to the next level? If so, you’re going to love these easy Apple Pie Egg Rolls. They’re crispy, sweet, and delicious. Serve them while they’re warm and store any leftovers in the fridge!
What Are Apple Pie Egg Rolls?
When you normally get an egg roll from one of your favorite fast food restaurants, it typically contains cabbage, shrimp, and other ingredients for a savory appetizer.
However, these Apple Pie Egg Rolls are a sweet appetizer that you can make at home using egg roll wrappers and common ingredients used to make apple pie, including Granny Smith apples, cinnamon, butter, and sugar.
The crisp egg roll wrapper takes perfect with the gooey warm and sweet apple filling center.
Why Make the Apple Pie Yummy Egg Rolls?
Make these Apple Pie treats when you want to create a unique and delicious dessert. It’s not hard to prepare them.
After creating the filling using your fresh apple slices with sugar, cinnamon, butter, nutmeg, lemon juice, and a few other ingredients, you can place a bit of it in the center of each egg roll wrapper, wrap them up, and fry them to perfection.
Each bite tastes better and better!
You can serve these sweet appetizers on their own or with a side of ice cream! You can also drizzle some of your favorite toppings over the Egg Rolls, including a powdered sugar glaze, caramel syrup, or chocolate syrup. No matter what you add to them, you can enjoy these dessert-style egg rolls with friends and family.
These apple pie egg rolls are so good and easy to make! Impress our guests with this awesome treat.
- 2 Granny Smith Apples, diced
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Juice of one lemon 1 tbsp cornstarch 2 tbsp water
- Oil for frying
- Melt butter in a pan
- For softer apples, cook in butter before adding sugar.
- Add sugar and spices to pan and cook with chopped apples. Bring to a boil.
- Mix cornstarch and water together and add to the mixture.
- It will begin to thicken. Once it reaches a consistency where it coats the back of the spoon remove from pan and let cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, add a spoonful of filling to the egg roll wrapper and roll tightly.
- Heat oil and fry until golden brown on all sides.
- Drain on paper towels
- Dust with powdered sugar. And Serve with leftover filling syrup or caramel sauce.
Amount Per Serving Calories 262Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 23mgSodium 285mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 1gSugar 21gProtein 3g