Upcoming 2018: 7 Can’t Miss Magical Disney Additions!
You are not even going to believe some of the amazing things that I am going to share with you in this post. I am not exaggerating. While I was attending the Disney Social Media Moms Conference a few weeks ago, we got to preview some of the coolest things that are coming later in 2018! If you thought A Wrinkle In Time and Black Panther was a big deal, I suggest you hold on to your socks.
Brand New ShowUP! A Great Bird Adventure Coming To Animal Kingdom in Walt Disney World:
On Earth Day, April 22, 2018, Disney’s Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort will debut “UP! A Great Bird Adventure,” a brand-new show featuring Russell and Dug from the Disney•Pixar animated comedy adventure film “UP.” The show will give guests the chance to see Senior Wilderness Explorer Russell and his fuzzy friend Dug in a new adventure that includes encounters with exotic birds from around the world. Animal Kingdom is celebrating it’s 20th anniversary in 2018 and they are doing it big!
A Star Wars Inspired Hotel Is Coming!
Hold on to your hats Star Wars Fans, soon you will be able to stay in a completely Star Wars themed hotel! Families visiting the new Star Wars-inspired hotel coming to Walt Disney World Resort will board a starship alive with characters and stories that unfold during their voyage through the galaxy – and every window has a view of space. The resort will be seamlessly connected to the highly anticipated Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, allowing Guests a complete Star Wars experience.
Disney has an incredible line up of movies in 2018:
- Black Panther
- A Wrinkle In Time
- Avengers Infinity War
- Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Incredibles 2
- Ant-Man & The Wasp
- Christopher Robin
- The Nutcracker and the Four Realms
- Wreck It Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks The Internet
- Mary Poppins Returns
I want to see every single one of them!
The Disney Dream is getting a makeover!
- At Rapunzel’s Royal Table, families will delight in an all-new dining experience inspired by the beloved story of Disney’s “Tangled.” The first table service restaurant themed to “Tangled” that features characters and live entertainment will transport Disney Magic guests to the kingdom of Corona for an evening of music and interactive fun featuring Rapunzel and the mischievous Snuggly Duckling Thugs.
- Vibe, the space on the ship reserved for teens ages 14-17, is being transformed into a trendy urban loft environment. At Vibe, teens can enjoy a new coffee and smoothie bar, play video and virtual reality games, and check out other cool activities like a DJ spin-off and movie making
- Adults can relax at Cove Café, an adult-exclusive retreat that will be redesigned in a sophisticated tropical style. It’s the perfect place to sip a specialty coffee or tea throughout the day, or indulge in wine or a cocktail and light bites during the evening hours.
The Muppet Babies are Back!
Disney has begun production on a reimagined “Muppet Babies” television series, which chronicles the playroom antics of the beloved Kermit the Frog, Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Animal and Miss Nanny. A co-production between Disney Junior, Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media’s (DCPI) Content & Media group, and The Muppets Studio, the CG-animated series is slated to debut on Disney Junior in early 2018.
New Destinations for Adventures By Disney!
Adventures by Disney announced their 2019 line-up of 3-night/4-day Short Escape packages, which can be booked as stand-alone vacations, or as a pre-cruise add-on to Disney Cruise Line sailings from San Diego, Barcelona, Copenhagen and, new for 2019, Rome!
These three-night Short Escapes allow families to experience memorable icons in ways that few can, such as a private, after-hours visit to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel in Rome. Plus, activities like flamenco dancing and preparing local cuisine immerse families in the culture of the region.
Black Panther Characters Now Appearing at Disneyland!
Now at Disney California Adventure park, guests can welcome the king of Wakanda! For this limited-time experience, Black Panther will arrive in the Hollywood Backlot area of the park flanked by his Royal Guards, the Dora Milaje.
[clickToTweet tweet=”2018: 7 Can’t Miss Magical Disney Additions coming to #DisneyWorld, #DisneyLand + ! #DisneySMMC” quote=”2018: 7 Can’t Miss Magical Disney Additions coming to #DisneyWorld, #DisneyLand + ! #DisneySMMC”]
What are you most excited about? Do you have any Disney vacations planned for the near future?