5 Awesome Yoga Resources For Runners
I am an admitted cardio addict. I also love the idea of yoga. Although I know it’s good for me I find it super difficult to slow things down and just stretch. However, I can’t deny how great Yoga is for my body.
Not that I am in the thick of marathon training, my body needs to be stretched and cared for more than ever! Yoga does two main things: builds strength and flexibility–those two things are crucial to becoming a better runner. Even though it is not my favorite, I try to make time for it and I am better for it every day.
I have compiled several expert resources that details which types of Yoga poses that are perfect for runners!
1) WalkRunJog Blog: They have a FULL guide of Yoga Resources for runners that is broken down by body parts for example abs/Achilles/shoulders etc.
2) There are tons of yoga for runners resources on YouTube as well! I searched through a lot of them but this one was my favorite because it was 20 minutes and easy to fit in on my off days.
3) Yoga For Runners: Live Love Surf. In case you didn’t know Christine is one of my favorite Brooklyn girls with the best Instagram photos EVER. She is a runner and a certified Yoga instructor and she shared THREE separate posts on Yoga For Runners! Check out Post 1, Post 2 and Post 3!
4) Yoga For Runners 10 Ways to Stretch and Strengthen: This post recommends these poses as a way of stretching post run or post race. There are both descriptive poses and embedded video poses.
5) Elle Fit Active: This one has a great set of Yoga poses and pictures from really good angles. Simple and to the point!
[Tweet “5 Awesome #Yoga Resources for Runners! #runchat”]