– 4 Bell peppers (any color) – 2 tbsp Olive Oil – 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced – 8 oz mushrooms, cut into bite sized pieces – 1 tsp kosher salt – 1 tsp black pepper – 1/2 tsp oregano – 1/2 onion powder – 1/2 tsp garlic – 1 pound sirloin steak, sliced thin – 12-14 slices provolone cheese
Here are the easy directions!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees 2. Slice the peppers in half, remove the seeds (rinse if necessary) 3. Lightly season with salt and pepper 4. Place in baking dish and cook for 30 mins uncovered 5. In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
1. Add the onion and mushrooms with half of the seasonings 2. Sauté until soft (about 5-7 mins), stirring occasionally. 3. Remove the onions and mushrooms once soft 4. Add the steak to the pan, applying the remaining seasonings to the meat.
1. Add more olive oil if necessary (if meat is sticking) 2. Brown fully, add the mushrooms and onions back to the pan and toss it all together. 3. Set it aside once cooked through.
1. After peppers have finished remove them from the oven. 2. Place a slice of provolone in the bottom of the cup, top with steak filling, cover with another piece of cheese 3. Return to the oven and cook until bubbly (5-10 mins)
Ready to make this awesome recipe?