Grilling is always a great idea! It’s just one of the easiest and most fun ways to cook with a lot less dishes to wash. 🙂 Today I’ve got a great Grilled Steak Kabobs recipe that is easy and delicious!
Grilling Is For Girls Too
Are you surprised to know that I do all the grilling in the household? Yes. It’s true, women grill. I absolutely love it. Grilling is not for the faint of heart. You need to know how to manage the fire and the meats/vegetables so that the dish can come out perfectly.
I personally have a gas grill, because I love to control the temperature, but I love the traditional charcoal grill too. With the charcoal grill, all you need is lighter fluid and the charcoal. With the gas grill, if your propane tank isn’t full you can’t grill.
I am very basic when it comes to grilling. I love a good burger and hot dog. I am aware of the versatility of grilling but I tend to default to the usual dishes. This recipe had me step out of my very small grilling box!
Grilled Steak Kabobs
The best part about this easy dish is that it is truly so simple to create. The ingredients include sirloin steak, poblano peppers, pineapple and a red onion. You can definitely mix and match ingredients on any kabob. Mushrooms, red and green peppers are also great options. You can even use different cuts of meat!
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
Have you ever made teriyaki sauce from scratch? This one is divine. All you need is soy sauce, minced ginger, minced garlic, xantham gum, swerve, rice vinegar sesame seeds and cayenne pepper. This is a fabulous side for a dip, and it adds great flavor to the dish!
Or, you can simply get some of your favorite bottled teriyaki sauce to make things simpler!
These steak kabobs only require 4 easy ingredients and they are easy to grill!
- 2 lbs sirloin steak cut into 1” pieces
- 2 red poblano pepper cut into 1” pieces 1 red onion cut into 1” pieces
- 1/2 pineapple cut into 1” pieces
- Teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp xantham gum
- 1/2 tsp swerve
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame seeds 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- In a saucepan, add all ingredients for the teriyaki sauce except the sesame seed on medium heat.
- Allow to simmer 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and stir in the sesame seeds. Let cool 20 min in fridge.
- Marinate steak in teriyaki 1 hour
- Thread steak, pepper, onion, and pineapple through skewer
- Grill 10-15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and meat is browned
If you loved this Grilled Steak Kabobs recipes be sure to check out these 20 Amazing Must Try Summer Cocktails to go with it!