This easy vanilla cake recipe is so good and great for any occasion. It’s the perfect vanilla cake recipe that you can decorate with the frosting of your choice.
I love all types of cake, but sometimes you have got to get back to the basics. This cake is one of my favorite recipes because it can be made for special occasions or no occasion at all. This is a super simple recipe that everyone will adore.
You can absolutely make a couple of pans of this recipe to make a great layer cake. The thing about this perfect cake is that you can use different color icings to really make your cake stand out.
If it was about a birthday cake, you could add birthday sprinkles to a vanilla buttercream frosting. Or alternatively you can use a chocolate frosting which is so good with a vanilla cake.
This homemade cake is super easy to make and has a really yummy vanilla flavor. You could also use this recipe for vanilla cupcakes! This classic vanilla cake recipe has multiple uses!
What ingredients are being used for this best vanilla cake recipe?
2 cups all purpose flour, scooped and leveled
2 1/2 tsp Baking powder
2 3/4 cups granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) room temperature unsalted butter
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
7 large egg whites (7.25 oz)
1 1/2 cup whole milk, room temp
2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
What tools are needed for this delicious vanilla cake?
Wilton Recipe Right Non-Stick 9 x 13-Inch Pan
Stand or hand mixer
Wilton 10″ x 14″ Cake Boards, 5 Pack White
Wilton Gold Scalloped Edge Cake Board Platters, Pack of 3
Some vanilla cake recipes may use lemon juice, sour cream, cream cheese or even canola oil. This homemade vanilla cake recipe has the best texture — it has a moist crumb and a fluffy texture.
This recipe is also great to make for a tiered cake. If you have any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container.
Like most people I love a red velvet cake, a chocolate cake but you can’t deny the magic of a really good vanilla cake.
Enjoy and let me know how it turns out!
This Vanilla sheet cake is a super versatile, moist cake that you can use with your favorite flavor of frosting.
- 2 cups all purpose flour, scooped and leveled 2 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) room temperature unsalted butter 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 7 large egg whites (7.25 oz)
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk, room temp
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9*13 sheet pan
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt) in a mixing bowl *if using a stand mixer, use a paddle attachment not a whisk.
- In a separate bowl or large glass measuring cup, whisk vanilla, egg whites, milk, and vegetable oil.
- With the mixer on low, add chunks of butter slowly to the dry mix.
- Mix until no lumps remain, the mixture will become crumbly
- Add 1/3 of the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients (it will look like a thick brownie batter) scrape down the bowl.
- And in another 1/3 or the wet and beat on medium high for 4-5 mins
- Scrape the bowl down and add the final 1/3 of the wet ingredients and mix on medium speed for an additional 5 mins.
- Pour into prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean and sides have begun to pull away from the side of the pan.
- Allow the cake to cool completely inside the pan. Decorate with buttercream or cream-cheese frosting.
- For extra vanilla flavor use 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste or 1 tbsp Torani vanilla syrup in addition to 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- The cake will have a very fine crumb meaning it should not be moved a lot. Once it’s completed cooled flip it onto a cake board and ice with frosting.
- If you attempt removing it before it’s cool it may crack
- Chef tip: freeze the cake before icing to avoid crumbs getting in your frosting.