I think it’s quite hilarious that I never ever had to think about every single special day/holiday until I became a mom. Now that I have two children in grade school it has been an olympic event trying to keep up with the days–what they mean–and what they should be wearing and/or bringing in to class with them. Was grade school like this for me? I don’t think so. We just went to school, there are a lot more shenanigans with kids in school these days.
One place that will always be my refuge for these special days and for myself personally will be Pinterest. Pinterest holds everything you ever need–especially when it comes to kids–whether it’s super easy or remarkably difficult. There have been many nights where I have found recipes based on what I had in the kitchen, because getting out to grocery shop was SO impossible.
Today I’m sharing a super easy Pinterest worthy recipe that ANYONE can do. The ingredients are super easy, and the final product is cute, festive and yummy.
St. Patrick’s day has always been one of those holidays where I’m not really quite sure what to do other than wear green. I’ve got another fun way for you to celebrate this year, with these super cute St. Patrick’s Day Rice Krispie Treats that require no baking and minimal decorating skills.
Super easy and festive Rice Krispie Treats for St. Patrick's Day!
- 8 ct package of Kellogg's Rice Krispie Treats
- 12 oz package of Wilton Chocolate Candy Melts
- Wilton green icing
- Green & White St. Patty's Day Sprinkles (This can be found at Joann Fabrics or Michaels)
- 8 lollipop sticks
- Line a large baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Open the 8 Kellogg's Rice Krispie Treats and discard the wrappers.
- Insert the lollipop sticks into the base of each Rice Krispie Treat. Place the treats on the baking sheet and set in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Pour the Wilton chocolate candy melts into a microwave safe dish. Heat in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring occasionally until melted.
- Remove the Rice Krispie Treats from the fridge and dip into the melted chocolate coating half the treat. Use a spoon if needed. Let the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl.
- Place the dipped treat onto the prepared baking sheet and repeat with all the treats.
- Allow the melted chocolate to set on the treats.
- Squeeze the Wilton icing pouch to knead the icing and heat in the in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- Gently squeeze the icing over the chocolate dipped Rice Krispie Treats in a back and forth motion.
- Sprinkle the treats with St. Patty's Day sprinkles.
- Allow the icing to set and enjoy.