These adorably spooky halloween witches hat cupcakes are made with fun colors fudge striped cookies and a hershey’s kiss!
Is there anything more fun than spooky making Halloween Cupcakes?
I love a good halloween cupcake, especially when it has different layers! These are so great for Halloween parties and celebrations.
These cupcakes use hershey’s kisses for the witches hats, fudge striped cookies for the brim of the hat.
The kids will absolutely love these, they are decadent, pretty and they are easy to make!
This is more of a tutorial, first you start with the cupcakes that are a very pretty purple color, topped with a lime green frosting and decorated with a fun fudge striped cookie, and a hershey’s kiss. A super fun treat with fun layers.
What ingredients do you need for these fun Halloween cupcakes?
1 package white cake mix (any brand)
3 egg whites
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 drop electric purple or violet gel food coloring
2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
6 cups confectioners sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 drop electric green gel food color
24 fudge striped cookies 24 Hershey’s kisses
What equipment do you need to make these witch cupcakes?
Cupcake pans & liners
Pastry bag fitted with 1M star tip
Super fun Halloween Cupcakes for Kids
These are super fun cupcakes to make with kids! Have them help you measure and mix the cupcake ingredients. Be careful though because the cookies and hershey’s kisses may go missing!
There are super fun and you will have a blast making these fun spooky cupcakes.
Enjoy this awesome witches hat Halloween tutorial and be sure to tag us on Instagram when you make them!
A super cute Halloween cupcake with a purple cupcake, a lime green frosting, a fudge striped cookie and a hershey's kiss.
- 1 package white cake mix (any brand)
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 drop electric purple or violet gel food coloring
- 2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 drop electric green gel food color
- 24 fudge striped cookies
- 24 Hershey’s kisses
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Add all of the ingredients for the cupcakes to a mixing bowl and mix. Divide the mix evenly between 24 cupcake liners
- Bake for 15-18 mins until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool in the pans for 10 mins, remove and let them finish cooking on a counter or cooling wrack.
- Make the frosting
- Add butter and cream cheese to mixing bowl. Mix together until creamy. Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix on low.
- Slowly add in the heavy cream mixing as you go.
- Add in a drop of food gel color and mix for 4-5 mins on high.
- This will incorporate air and make the frosting light and fluffy.
- Decorating (you will need to refer to the decorating basics bundle) Fit a piping bag with a tip 1M and add frosting to the bag.
- Pipe a thick circle starting in the center of the cupcake.
- Place a cookie upside down on the cupcake.
- Add frosting to the bottom of the Hershey’s Kiss candy and attach to the cookie.
Amount Per Serving Calories 424Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 57mgSodium 69mgCarbohydrates 48gFiber 0gSugar 45gProtein 2g
Before you go, grab Your Free Printable Recipe Kit —Today!
Write down your favorite recipes and create your own personal cookbook of your favorite food creations!
Pin it for later!