These pumpkin Vanilla Cheesecake Trifles are the perfect dessert for the fall. If you are looking for a easy to make fall dessert, this is the one!
Trifles are so easy to make and I love them because you can do a lot with the layers. You can switch up the flavors, colors and ingredients depending on what you have in your kitchen. I had all of these ingredients in my pantry and fridge so I thought it would be fun to make this for dessert one night.
Plus it’s pumpkin season! I think pumpkin is an underrated dessert flavor. I love to have pumpkin desserts in the fall and these are so easy to make. They give the perfect amount of sweetness without being too rich or filling.
A lot of trifles you see out there call for cool whip, but this uses cream cheese! I’m sure it would be great with cool whip but it’s great just the way it is.
Imagine a dessert that encapsulates the essence of fall in every bite. These Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifles are the epitome of autumnal bliss. A sumptuous blend of velvety pumpkin cheesecake, crumbled ginger cookies, and airy whipped cream, elegantly layered to create a trifle that’s as delightful to look at as it is to devour. It’s a quintessential treat that adds a special touch to any gathering. Now, let’s delve into the world of this stunning dessert.
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifles FAQs
What type of pumpkin should I use?
Canned pumpkin puree works best for this recipe, but make sure it’s 100% pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling.
Can I make this ahead of time?
Absolutely. In fact, the flavors meld beautifully when made a day in advance.
What type of glassware works best?
Any transparent glass or plastic cups will work. The idea is to see those beautiful layers.
With everything going on, it’s so much easier to have individual servings. These are great for Thanksgiving, potlucks or any time you want to have a sweet treat.
If you don’t have any individual cups, you can always grab some from the dollar store! You can use pumpkin pie filling for this or puree your own.
These are crazy simple and only take about 20 minutes to make, start to finish. You could have them made up in advance, ready to eat when you want dessert. So good and so yummy! Perfect for fall!
Tips and Tricks
- Cream Cheese Consistency: Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature to ensure a smooth blend.
- Cookie Choices: The ginger cookies can be swapped out for graham crackers or even snickerdoodles for a different flavor profile.
- Whipping the Cream: Make sure to whip the cream just until stiff peaks form. Over-whipping could make it too thick.
- Vegan Delight: Swap the cream cheese for a vegan alternative and use coconut whipped cream.
- Nutty Twist: Add a layer of chopped pecans for crunch.
- Chocolate Love: Drizzle a little chocolate sauce between the layers.
Where to Serve
These trifles are an ideal dessert for festive occasions like Halloween parties, Thanksgiving dinners, and autumn get-togethers. They’re also perfect for more casual settings, like a Sunday brunch or as an afternoon treat.
Plus it takes out the stress of making a whole pie. Not that making a pie is an awful ordeal or anything. Just one more thing to do on a busy day.
Ingredients needed for these Pumpkin Vanilla Cheesecake Trifles
1 can pumpkin puree
1 – 8 oz block cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 – 5.1 oz instant vanilla pudding
1 cup milk
6 graham crackers; crushed
1 tablespoon of cinnamon; for topping
whipped topping for topping
They are so delicious and easy to make. I love pumpkin everything so this was easy to whip up. It could not be an easier treat, just grab a can of pumpkin pie filling and mix it with some sugar.
Assemble the trifles in individual jars with lids for easy storage. They can be stored in the fridge for up to three days. However, I would recommend adding the whipped cream layer just before serving to maintain its fluffiness.
Common Problems and How to Avoid Them
- Soggy Layers: Make sure your pumpkin cheesecake mixture is thick enough so that it doesn’t make the cookie layer soggy.
- Separated Cheese Layer: If your cream cheese mixture looks curdled, it’s likely because the ingredients were not at room temperature.
Tips for Making this Recipe with Kids
Kids will absolutely love layering the trifles. Pre-measure the ingredients to make it easy for them. Also, you can switch to plastic cups instead of glass to ensure safety. This recipe offers a wonderful opportunity to introduce kids to cooking while having fun.
I used my favorite Reddi-wip for these but you can add your own whipped cream if you prefer. Pumpkin and Vanilla is one of my favorite flavor combinations. It transports you to warm comfort of a fall evening.
I love how the red and orange color makes it festive for fall! So bright and cheerful. This is definitely my favorite pumpkin treat so far this year!
Great for individual servings. The family will love these fall treats. Great to make with kids too! You can have them do a layer each like I did.
You can make a bigger batch and add if you want. It really depends on how many people you have over for dessert. You can even serve these in shot glasses for a little spooky touch or to take to a potluck!
- Cinnamon Sprinkle: A dash of cinnamon adds an aromatic touch.
- Mini Chocolate Chips: For a bit of chocolatey goodness.
- Caramel Drizzle: Takes the decadence to another level.
Why This Recipe Works
This recipe strikes the perfect balance between the creaminess of the cheesecake, the spiciness of the ginger cookies, and the lightness of the whipped cream. Each component complements the other, creating an extraordinary burst of flavors and textures in every bite. The individual servings make it a convenient choice for gatherings and allow for easy customization. It’s not just a dessert; it’s an experience that will make you the star of your autumn celebrations.
What are some other fun pumpkin recipes to try?
- Easy Copycat McDonald’s Pumpkin Creme Pie Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Pound Cake
- Easy Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Easy Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Streusel Topping
- Easy Slow Cooker Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe
These amazing pumpkin vanilla cheesecake trifles are so great for the fall and thanksgiving!
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 - 8 oz block cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 - 5.1 oz instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 6 graham crackers; crushed
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon; for topping
- whipped topping for topping
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese and sugar. Mix in instant vanilla pudding and milk. The mixture should be slightly thick.
- Crush graham crackers in a ziplock bag. Place some graham cracker crumbs into each mini trifle.
- Fill pastry piping bags with the cream cheese mixture and a separate bag with the pumpkin puree.
- Pipe layers of each into the mini trifles. Top off with whipped topping and cinnamon.
- Note: the mini trifle containers were bought at party city
Amount Per Serving Calories 258Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 31mgSodium 185mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 2gSugar 21gProtein 4g
If you liked this pumpkin treat please check these out too!
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!