I am completely obsessed with this spinach artichoke dip! It’s such a great holiday appetizer or a great game day food! Serve with tortilla chips for the best experience!
When it comes to creamy dip recipes hot spinach artichoke dip is such a good dip! It has the best flavors and it’s a super crowd pleaser! The best way to entertain for super bowl is with this amazing spinach-artichoke dip recipe.
What ingredients do you need for this easy spinach artichoke dip recipe?
2 tbsp olive oil _ I love a high quality extra virgin oil like Colavita
12 oz fresh spinach or 10 oz frozen spinach – fresh spinach saves you a bit of time
1 14oz can artichoke hearts, drained & chopped – chop these finely so you can get some artichoke in each bite
4 oz fresh mozzarella or 1.5 cup shredded mozzarella cheese – Either one works, but I like to shred the cheese myself!
4 oz cream cheese – A good high quality cream cheese is key!
1/2 cup (4 oz) sour cream – You can opt for a lighter cream cheese as well
1/2 (4 oz) cup mayonnaise – A good quality mayonnaise goes far!
1 clove garlic, grated – If you are like me, a garlic fan, you can double this!
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese , grated – A high quality parm cheese is always a good idea!
Kosher salt and black pepper
You won’t need any greek yogurt, romano cheese, red pepper flakes for this spinach dip.
What are some Helpful Tips For Making Oven Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip?
– Preheat your oven to 375°F before you start making the dip.
– Make sure to use freshly grated cheese instead of pre-shredded for a better flavor.
– Choose low fat versions of cream cheese and sour cream if desired.
– Add extra vegetables like diced bell peppers, carrots or onions for extra flavor.
– Mix everything together before baking for even flavor distribution.
– Bake the dip uncovered until golden brown and bubbly.
– Serve with whole grain crackers or vegetable sticks such as cucumber slices, celery or bell pepper strips for a healthier option.
What are some other yummy spinach recipes to try?
- Easy Spinach and Feta Cheese Quiche
- Amazing Keto Chicken Thigh Spinach Rollups
- Easy Creamy Spinach Artichoke Penne Recipe
- Tasty Thursday: Spinach Stuffed Shells
Some folks like to make this popular dip in a slow cooker or crock pot, but this one is made right in an 8×8 baking dish. Between the many types of cheese, the hot artichoke and if you want you can add some more cloves of garlic for extra flavor.
How can I make Spinach Dip healthier?
One way to make a healthier dip is to substitute the mayonnaise and sour cream with Greek yogurt. You can even use a lighter cream cheese! This will cut down on fat and calories, while adding protein and other nutrients. You can also reduce the amount of cheese or use low-fat varieties, as well as reducing salt or other unhealthy additives like sugar.
For even more healthy options, you can add vegetables like carrots and celery to the dip to increase fiber and nutrition. Additionally, try baking the dip instead of frying it for a heart-healthy meal.
Finally, serve the dip with whole wheat pita chips or vegetable sticks instead of regular chips or crackers. Doing so will help you get more health benefits from your dip.
You can serve this dip with pita chips, celery sticks, carrot sticks mini bell peppers or even in a bread bowl! It’s a great dip and it will be a huge hit with your guests. To punch up the flavor you can add some more cloves garlic for a yummy finishing touch.
This cheesy dip is great at room temperature or can be left in a warm setting. If you want you can enjoy a cold spinach artichoke dip for your next party! This is the best spinach artichoke dip recipe for the next time you have a get together.
How do you store spinach artichoke dip?
Spinach artichoke dip is best stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It can last up to 5 days if properly stored. When ready to serve, simply heat the dip in a microwave-safe dish or on the stovetop until warm and creamy.
Can you freeze spinach dip?
Yes, spinach dip can be frozen. It is best to freeze it in an airtight container or sealed plastic bag and can last up to 3 months. When ready to serve, thaw the dip overnight in the refrigerator before reheating it. To ensure a creamy texture, add a tablespoon of liquid (such as milk or broth) to the dip while reheating.
The combination of cream cheese and shredded cheese makes a yummy creamy sauce like dip that your guests will enjoy every single time!
If you make this great recipe be sure to tag and follow me on Instagram so I can see it!
Delicious Spinach Artichoke Dip Made Right In Your Oven
This amazing cheesy spinach artichoke dip is so great for an appetizer with tortilla or pita chips.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz fresh spinach or 10 oz frozen
- 1 14oz can artichoke hearts, drained & chopped
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella or 1.5 cup shredded mozzarella
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) sour cream
- 1/2 (4 oz) cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Preheat to broil (or highest setting)
- Spray baking dish w non stick
- Sautéed grated garlic in olive oil for 30 seconds.
- Add spinach by the handful, letting each handful welt before adding more.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Stir frequently until most of the liquid has evaporated. (3-4 mins)
- Add in the chopped artichoke hearts, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low and add cream cheese, sour cream, Parmesan and mayonnaise.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into the baking dish.
- Place in an oven and broil until top is golden and bubbling, (5-7 mins)
- Let rest for 3-4 min before serving
If you don’t have a broil setting bake at 450 for 12-13 mins until golden brown and bubbly.
If increasing the amount of this recipe remember to always use equal parts cheese, Mayo and sour cream so the flavor profile stays balanced.
Amount Per Serving Calories 311Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 44mgSodium 585mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 4gSugar 2gProtein 11g
Pin it for later!
If you liked this dip be sure to try these fun dips too!
Easy Slow Cooker Queso Dip For Game Day Appetizers
Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip – Yummy No Bake Fall Dessert
Creamy Nut Butter Dip – Easy After School Snacks
Super Easy Game Day Bacon Cheddar Dip
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries with Creamy Italian Sauce For Dipping
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!