Skip the takeout tonight and make this Instant Pot General Tso Chicken right at home. The flavor is immaculate and you’ll never want to order out again.
It’s so nice to go out to eat, but sometimes you want to stay in. A lot of times what keeps us from making our favorite takeout food is that we are intimidated by it.
Making this Instant Pot General Tso’s Chicken is actually easier than I ever thought possible. You’ll be impressing your friends and family in no time by making this dish.
Instant Pot General Tso Chicken Tips
If you’ve never used your Instant Pot before for cooking, this recipe is going to be perfect for you. I want to share some tips for making this recipe in the Instant Pot, so hopefully, it makes your life a little easier.
Don’t add the cornstarch and water in the beginning. This will come later in the recipe to make everything nice and thick and delicious.
Make sure the valve on the Instant Pot is set to sealing. This is an important step to making sure your Instant Pot cooks right.
Ingredients For Instant Pot General Tso Chicken
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed into bite-sized pieces
1⁄4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoon brown sugar
1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon water
Do not forget that you have a keep warm setting on your Instant Pot. You can keep your food warm after you’re done! One of my favorite features, to be honest.
After you have made this Instant Pot General Tso’s Chicken, you can serve it with your favorite side dish. I love enjoying it with egg rolls and white rice. You may find that you enjoy it with other side dishes and that is okay.
If you decide to make this Instant Pot General Tso’s Chicken, let me know what you think in the comment section. Once you start making this dish at home, your family is going to start asking for it a lot. I don’t mind because it’s one of my favorite dishes too!
This Instant Pot General Tso Chicken is perfect for nights when you want a familiar taste without the takeout bill!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed into bite-sized pieces 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Place all of the ingredients into the electric pressure cooker EXCEPT the cornstarch and water. Stir well to mix.
- Close the lid and set the valve to sealing. Program the electric pressure cooker with the “manual” or “pressure cook” setting for 6 minutes.
- After the cooking cycle has completed, wait for the pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes before doing a quick release of the remaining pressure.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the chicken from the electric pressure cooker but keep warm. Press to cancel the “keep warm” setting and program to “saute.”
- Combine the cornstarch and water. Then, pour the mixture over the sauce and stir. Cook for about 2 minutes or until thickened.Return the chicken to the electric pressure cooker and toss in the sauce.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 234Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 97mgSodium 589mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 0gSugar 8gProtein 36g