Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice
Make flavorful rice with ease using this recipe for Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice. You can enjoy the rice as a side dish or the main course.
If you enjoy fried rice from takeout restaurants, you can make a healthier and tasty version of it in the Instant Pot using this simple Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice. You can expect to create perfect rice each time.
You won’t have to worry about the rice turning out too mushy or too crunchy when you follow the instructions in this recipe. Once you know how to make it, you won’t have to order from the takeout restaurants!
What Is Chicken Fried Rice?
The Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice consists of basmati rice combined with frozen peas and carrots, minced garlic, soy sauce, chopped chunks of chicken, and a few other ingredients that will give it that signature taste.
It’s a tasty side dish that you can serve with more chicken, beef, shrimp, or other foods. However, it also works well as a main course meal because it contains a starch, veggies, and a protein!
Why Make Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice?
If you want to make the perfect meal for the family, this dish is a great option. Check out these good reasons to make Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice at home!
- It’s full of flavor because of the ingredients used to make it, including chicken broth, toasted sesame seed oil, minced garlic, and more.
- It can leave you feeling full because of the generous portion of chopped chicken added to the rice, along with the veggies.
- It’s such a versatile dish that you can serve alone or with other foods, including chicken wings, grilled shrimp, or steak.
You can serve the rice while it’s still hot, but it’s also easy to store the rice in a food container and save it for later by keeping it in the fridge to stay fresh. When you microwave it to reheat it, the rice continues to taste as good as it did the first time you made it.
Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice Recipe For Dinner Tonight
Grab your Instant Pot and mae this amazing chicken fried rice recipe for dinner tonight!
- 3-4 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- 1 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 boneless skinless chicken, cut into thin bite size chunks
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 cup white basmati rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- ground black pepper to taste
- Set instant pot in saute mode.
- Add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and eggs.
- Stir to scramble.
- Set to the side.
- Add your frozen peas and carrots.
- Lightly toss.
- Saute, until thawed completely.
- Cook for 3-4 min.
- Hit cancel on the Instant pot.
- Transfer egg pea mixture to the plate.
- Scrape the excess egg bits so it wont burn.
- Set instant pot in saute mode.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to the instant pot.
- Add chicken , cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add chopped onions and minced garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add your rice, and chicken stock, stir to combine.
- Close the Instant pot, lock lid, set valve to sealing, press cancel.
- Select rice mode.
- When cook time is done, let the Instant pot be in warm mode for 5 minutes.
- When 5 minutes is done, turn valve to vent and let pressure release.
- Press cancel and open lid.
- Stir the egg / pea mixture, soy sauce, sesame oil and ground pepper.
- Serve and enjoy
Amount Per Serving Calories 554Total Fat 47gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 39gCholesterol 145mgSodium 1207mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 3gSugar 6gProtein 12g
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to tag and follow us on Instagram for more!
Check out these awesome Instant Pot recipes:
Instant Pot Apple Cider Thanksgiving Cranberry Sauce
Easy Instant Pot Homemade Applesauce Recipe
Instant Pot Spicy Black Bean White Chicken Chili
Instant Pot General Tso Chicken
Instant Pot Beef Tomato Pasta Soup
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!
Thursday 3rd of February 2022
Your food looks great. Can't wait to try.
Monday 31st of January 2022
Two boneless? How much boneless chicken?