These Elmo Cupcakes are so easy to make for a Sesame Street Themed party, or anytime! Kids will love these fun decorated treats.
What are Elmo cupcakes?
Elmo cupcakes are simply cupcakes that have been decorated to look like the popular character from Sesame Street. They are usually red in color, and often feature a fondant or icing Elmo face on top.
Is Elmo the most popular Sesame Street character?
Elmo is definitely one of the most popular characters on Sesame Street, and his popularity has only grown in recent years. He is beloved by children and adults alike, making him the perfect choice for a themed cupcake.
Where can you serve these Elmo cupcakes?
These Elmo cupcakes would be perfect for a Sesame Street themed birthday party, or any other type of celebration. They would also make a great after-school snack or dessert.
What do you need to make these Elmo cupcakes?
Wilton Triple Star Decorating Tip 2010 or tip 18
Couplers (if using tip 18)_
White American Buttercream
Red Americolor Gel Food Coloring
Pink (any shade) gel food coloring
Pre baked Cupcakes
Large Candy eyeballs
Orange candy (skittles or plain M&ms)
Should you do a cake or cupcakes for a Sesame Street birthday?
Both cake and cupcakes are great options for a Sesame Street birthday party. If you want to make things easier on yourself, cupcakes are definitely the way to go.
They are less work overall, and decorating them can be a fun activity for kids. However, if you have your heart set on a cake, there are plenty of great Sesame Street cake designs out there.
How can I store leftover cupcakes?
Leftover cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Alternatively, they can be frozen for up to 2 months.
These Elmo cupcakes are so easy to make and are sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike! They are perfect for a Sesame Street themed birthday.
How To Make Elmo Cupcakes
These amazing elmo decorated cupcakes are great for any birthday party!
- White American Buttercream Frosting
- RedRed Americolor Gel Food Coloring
- Pink (any shade) gel food coloring
- Pre baked Cupcakes
- Large Candy eyeballs
- Oreo Cookies
- Orange candy (skittles or plain M&ms)
- First, make your buttercream.
- Add one drop of pink gel food coloring and mix it completely.
- Then add 2 drops of red gel food coloring (I used red red americolor)
- Mix for 4-5 mins to fluff up the icing and really saturate the color.
- Do not skip this two part coloring process. Red + white will give you pink no matter how much you add, you MUST dye it pink first, then add the red).
- Fit a piping bag with the triple start decorating tip or a Wilton tip 18.
- The triple start tip will make this go a lot faster than the single star tip.
- Pipe Stars all around the perimeter first then the center.
- Carefully position the large eye balls,
- Next add the orange candy for the nose.
- Open the oreos, remove the cream filled center and cut the cookie in half.
- Place on the cupcake for the mouth
Liquid food colors will not only change the consistency of your frosting, but require almost 3 times as much color for the same saturation.
I use chef masters or americolor squeeze gel colors, but wilton colors are fine, you just have to use a toothpick to the get color out their bottles.
You must two tone color the frosting for the proper effect. Dye it pink then red.
Amount Per Serving Calories 119Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 6mgSodium 68mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 1gSugar 14gProtein 1g
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!
Easy Shimmery Mermaid Cupcakes
Easy Banana Cinnamon Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting
Easy Smash Cake Recipe For Baby’s First Birthday
Easy and Fun Pineapple Soda Cupcakes Made With Cake Mix
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!