Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas: A Flavorful Fiesta in Your Kitchen
Imagine the sizzle of tender steak, the sweetness of bell peppers, and the savory aroma of onions all coming together on one pan.
That’s what you get with this easy sheet pan steak fajitas recipe. It’s a bustling blend of flavors and colors, perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a festive gathering. Using simple ingredients like flank steak, bell peppers, onions, and a robust fajita seasoning, this dish brings the essence of Tex-Mex food right to your dinner table.
Q: Can I use a different cut of beef? A: Absolutely! While flank steak is ideal for its tenderness and flavor, skirt steak is a great alternative. It’s important to slice the meat against the grain to ensure it’s tender.
Q: Is it possible to make this recipe with chicken or shrimp? A: Yes, you can easily swap out the steak for chicken or shrimp. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly, as these proteins cook faster than beef.
Q: Can I make these fajitas on a stovetop? A: While this recipe is designed for the oven, you can adapt it for a hot pan on the stovetop. Just cook the ingredients in batches to avoid overcrowding.
Tips and Tricks
- Marinate for Extra Flavor: For even more depth of flavor, marinate the sliced steak in a mixture of olive oil, lime juice, and fajita seasoning for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- High Heat is Key: Preheat your oven to a high temperature to ensure the steak cooks quickly and remains tender.
- Use a Meat Thermometer: To ensure your steak is cooked to perfection, use an instant-read thermometer. Aim for an internal temperature of 145°F for medium-rare.
- Lettuce Wraps for a Low-Carb Option: Swap out flour tortillas for lettuce wraps for a healthier version.
- Different Proteins: Try chicken fajitas or shrimp fajitas for variety.
- Veggie Delight: Add yellow onions or different colored bell peppers for extra nutrition and color.
Where to Serve
Sheet pan steak fajitas are versatile and can be served in various settings:
- Busy Weeknights: This easy dinner is perfect for when time is short.
- Potlucks and Parties: Serve as a build-your-own fajita station.
- Family Dinners: A great recipe that the whole family will love.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in a microwave or on a skillet until warm.
- Flank steak, sliced
- Bell peppers, sliced into thin strips
- White onion, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- Fajita seasoning
- Flour tortillas
- Garnishes: Shredded cheese, sour cream, diced green onion
Common Problems and How to Avoid Them
- Overcooking the Steak: Keep an eye on the steak as it cooks. Overcooking can make it tough.
- Soggy Vegetables: Spread the vegetables in a single layer on the baking sheet to ensure they roast and don’t steam.
- Uneven Cooking: Cut the steak and vegetables into uniform sizes for even cooking.
Tips for Making This Recipe with Kids
- Safe Chopping: Let kids help with slicing soft ingredients like bell peppers under supervision.
- Mixing the Seasoning: Kids can mix the olive oil and fajita seasoning in a small bowl.
- Assembling the Fajitas: They’ll love adding their favorite toppings to their own fajitas.
- Classic: Sour cream, shredded cheese, and pico de gallo.
- Fresh: Diced avocado, fresh cilantro, and lime wedges.
- Spicy: Jalapeños or a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.
Why This Recipe Works
This sheet pan steak fajitas recipe is a hit for several reasons:
- Convenience: Everything cooks together on one pan, making cleanup a breeze.
- Flavorful: The combination of garlic powder, chili powder, and other spices in the fajita seasoning brings tons of flavor.
- Versatile: Easily adaptable to different tastes and dietary needs.
- Family-Friendly: It’s a meal that the entire family can enjoy together, customizing their own fajitas.
Here are some more fun sheet pan recipes to try out:
- Amazing Loaded Ground Beef Sheet Pan Nachos
- Easy Weeknight Lemon Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Easy Sheet Pan Recipes For Every Night Of The Week
- Easy Italian Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
Savor the ease and flavor of these Easy Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas, a perfect blend of tender flank steak, colorful bell peppers, and onions, all roasted to perfection. This quick and delicious meal, ideal for busy weeknights, brings the vibrant taste of Tex-Mex cuisine right to your dinner table with minimal effort.
- 1.5 lbs flank steak, sliced
- 2-3 bell peppers, sliced into thin strips, any color
- 1 white onion, sliced thinly
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of fajita seasoning
- 8 6” flour tortillas
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Diced green onion
- Pre-heat the oven at 400ºf.
- Place peppers and onions into a mixing bowl, coat with 2 tablespoons oil and season with 2 tablespoons of fajita seasoning. Add the seasoned vegetables to a baking sheet and place on the middle rack of the oven. Cook for 10 minutes.
- In the same mixing bowl, add the meat and coat with 2 tablespoons oil. Season with remaining fajita seasoning. After the vegetables cook, place the steak on top of vegetables on the sheet pan.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove and let rest for a couple of minutes.
- Warm the tortillas and add a spread of sour cream. Add the fajitas, and top with cheese and green onions.
Amount Per Serving Calories 786Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 22gCholesterol 143mgSodium 1113mgCarbohydrates 56gFiber 5gSugar 5gProtein 57g
Before you go, grab Your Free Printable Recipe Kit!
Write down your favorite recipes and create your own personal cookbook of your favorite food creations!
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am an entrepreneur, a busy mama of 3 and a wife to my high school sweetheart. I have been sharing content for over 12 years about how to cook easy recipes, workout tips and free printables that make life a little bit easier. I have been featured in places like Yahoo, Buzzfeed, What To Expect, Mediavine, Niche Pursuits, HuffPost, BabyCenter, Mom 2.0, Mommy Nearest, Parade, Care.com, and more!
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t forget to grab your free fitness journal before you go!