These easy oatmeal chocolate chip bars are not only tasty but filling too! Made with easy ingredients for a great snack to take on the go!
Have you ever tried oatmeal bars? They are so yummy and easy to make.
Plus they are much healthier than other snacks out there. My favorite thing to add in them is chocolate chips to this easy recipe! Yum. These chocolate chip oatmeal bars are a great treat and and easy dessert.
I am often trying to find healthy easy snacks for the kids. This one instantly became a favorite in my household!
I hope you enjoy it too. Here is what you will need!
3/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
2 cups, all-purpose flour, scooped and leveled
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup (1.5 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg +1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup mini milk chocolate chips
1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips (can also use milk chocolate)
Notes: I like to line my pan with parchment paper that hangs over the side for easy removal of bars once they are baked and cooled. This is also an easy clean up because there is no sticky residue left behind so you can just pull it up and toss it.
I used old fashioned rolled oats, but quick cooking oats will work too. They may give the bars more of a crunch or texture than desired though.
These bars last for about 3 days after baking which makes perfect for meal prep! Just put them in an airtight container! It’s like having oatmeal chocolate chip cookies in bar form.
Made with simple ingredients this is a great recipe for a bake sale. This sweet treat is an easy bar cookie recipe and one of my favorite dessert bars.
If you try these chocolate chip oatmeal cookie bars let me know! It’s one of my favorite recipes because it has the perfect combinations of old-fashion oats and chocolate pieces.
I made these for a school snack and got rave reviews from the whole family. It’s a yummy crumbly cookie bar that will satisfy your sweet tooth and get the stamp of approval from everyone who tries them!
Easy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
These super easy oatmeal chocolate chip bars are so easy to make and delicious!
- 3/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups, all-purpose flour, scooped and leveled
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (1.5 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips (can also use milk chocolate)
- Spray the inside of the 11*13 pan with nonstick spray
- Place in parchment paper (cut the corners on a diagonal so it lays flat)
- Lightly spray with nonstick and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Add oats, flour, baking soda, and salt to a food processor and pulse until oats are finely chopped, omit this step if you like the texture of the oats as is.
- In a large bowl, melt the butter.
- Add in brown sugar, egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Add in the dry ingredients until incorporated
- Mix in the chocolate chips
- Pour batter into the pan, spread it out to the ends, it will look like there is not enough batter to cover the bottom of the dish, just make it as even as possible.
- Bake for 18-20 mins or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let for at least 30 mins prior to removing the parchment paper from the pan and slicing the bars.
- Bars can be stored for up to 7 days in an airtight container, they could also be frozen.
Amount Per Serving Calories 344Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 33mgSodium 237mgCarbohydrates 53gFiber 4gSugar 28gProtein 6g
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!
Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats – Healthy Breakfast To Go
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Overnight Oats
Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Recipe – The Perfect Fall Breakfast
Easy Tik Tok Baked Oats For Breakfast – Simple Viral Recipe
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!