Fresh Peach Pie Recipe
Indulge in the sweetness of summer with this Fresh Peach Pie recipe, featuring ripe peaches enveloped in a buttery pie crust.
This easy peach pie recipe is a classic dessert that combines the juiciness of fresh peaches with a hint of lemon juice and a blend of brown and granulated sugar, all encased in a golden brown crust. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or new to making fruit pies, this homemade peach pie recipe is the perfect way to celebrate peach season.
Can I use canned peaches?
For the best results, we recommend using ripe, juicy peaches. Canned peaches often contain excess moisture and won’t give you the same fresh flavor.
What’s the best way to peel peaches?
The easiest way is to make a small “X” at the bottom of each peach, then blanch them in a pot of water for about 30 seconds. Transfer to an ice bath and the skin will easily peel off with a paring knife.
How do I know when the pie is done?
The top crust should be golden brown and the peach filling should be bubbling.
Tips and Tricks
- Use a food processor to combine flour and cold butter for the perfect pie crust.
- For a beautiful top crust, consider making a lattice crust.
- Brush the top of the pie with an egg wash for a shiny, golden finish.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon or vanilla extract to the peach pie filling for added flavor.
- Use a crumble topping instead of a top crust for a twist on the classic peach pie.
Where to Serve
This pie is perfect for summer picnics, family gatherings, or any occasion that calls for a delicious dessert.
Wrap the pie in plastic wrap and store at room temperature for up to 2 days. For longer storage, place pie in the refrigerator.
What to Serve This Recipe With
A scoop of vanilla ice cream complements the warm, juicy peaches perfectly.
Common Problems and How to Avoid Them
- Soggy Bottom Crust: Pre-bake the bottom crust and use a baking sheet to ensure even heat distribution.
- Runny Filling: Make sure to use cornstarch as it helps to absorb excess moisture.
Tips for Making This Recipe with Kids
- Let them use cookie cutters to create fun shapes out of a piece of dough for the top of the pie.
- Kids can also help by mixing the peach filling in a large bowl.
- A scoop of ice cream
- Whipped cream
- A sprinkle of cinnamon
Why This Recipe Works
The combination of fresh, ripe peaches with brown sugar and a hint of lemon juice creates a filling that’s both sweet and tart. The buttery pie crust, made with cold butter and ice water, provides a flaky, delicious enclosure for the peach filling. This is truly the best peach pie recipe for peach lovers everywhere.
Here are some more fun peach pie recipes:
- Air Fryer Apple Pie Bombs: A Fun New Twist on a Classic Dessert
- Easy Copycat McDonald’s Pumpkin Creme Pie Recipe
- Easy Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe
- Easy and Delicious Oreo Dirt Pie Recipe
- Easy Strawberry Cream Cheese Hand Pies
This amazing pie is made with fresh peaches and delicious blend of spices. Great for the holidays or anytime!
- 2 Pie Crusts
- 5 cups (6 or 7 ripe peaches), peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Place peaches, cinnamon, brown sugar, granulated sugar, nutmeg and corn starch in a bowl.
- Mix together and set aside for 5-7 mins
- Prepare pie crust - if using homemade pie crust, blind bake by layering parchment paper and rice or dry beans for weight.
- Bake for 10 mins.
- Remove from oven, add the filling to the pie crust
- If using frozen pie crust, blind bake isn't necessary.
- For the top:
- Using a pasty roller, make small even strips of dough.
- Braid two strips of dough at a time and set aside.
- Make 3 braids.
- Lay them across the top of the pie as pictured.
- Add small strips between them.
- Weave in single strips going perpendicular to the strips already down (see photo)
- Trim excess
- Brush with egg wash and add confectioners sugar to the top
- To make the roses, roll strips of dough in a circle.
- Cover the edges of the pie with aluminum foil
- Bake for 20 mins, remove foil. bake for additional 20 mins.
- Let rest 10 mins before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 296Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 0mgSodium 184mgCarbohydrates 47gFiber 1gSugar 25gProtein 3g
Before you go, grab Your Free Printable Recipe Kit!
Write down your favorite recipes and create your own personal cookbook of your favorite food creations!
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!