Celebrate life’s special moments with this exquisite Champagne Cake. Infused with the delicate taste of champagne, this cake combines a rich, buttery texture with a hint of almond and vanilla, making it a perfect dessert for any celebration.
Q: Can I use regular champagne instead of pink champagne? A: Absolutely! Regular champagne will work just as well, though it may slightly alter the flavor profile.
Q: What’s the best way to incorporate the champagne into the cake? A: Gently fold the champagne into the batter at the end to preserve its bubbly essence.
Tips and Tricks
- For a lighter cake, sift the all-purpose flour before adding it to the dry ingredients.
- Use room temperature eggs for a smoother cake batter.
- If you don’t have cake flour, you can make your own by replacing two tablespoons of all-purpose flour with cornstarch per cup.
- Strawberry Champagne Cake: Add pureed strawberries to the batter for a fruity twist.
- Chocolate Champagne Cake: Mix in melted white chocolate into the batter for a luxurious twist.
- Champagne Cupcakes: Convert the recipe to cupcakes for individual servings.
Where to Serve
This champagne cake is ideal for:
- Celebratory events like New Year’s Eve, Valentine’s Day, or bridal showers.
- As a sophisticated wedding cake choice.
- Bachelorette parties or other special occasion gatherings.
Wrap the entire cake or individual slices in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container. It can be kept at room temperature for a day or refrigerated for longer freshness.
Common Problems and How to Avoid Them
- Dry Cake: Avoid overmixing the batter, and make sure not to overbake.
- Champagne Flavor Not Pronounced: Use a champagne reduction to intensify the flavor without adding more liquid.
Making This Recipe with Kids
Let kids help by:
- Cracking eggs into a separate bowl.
- Measuring and mixing the dry ingredients.
- Pouring the champagne into the batter (under supervision).
- Dust with icing sugar for a simple, elegant finish.
- Top with a pink champagne buttercream frosting for added decadence.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries or edible flowers for a colorful touch.
Why This Recipe Works
This champagne cake recipe is a winner because:
- It offers a unique and luxurious flavor profile, perfect for a special occasion.
- The combination of vanilla and almond extracts complements the champagne flavor.
- It’s a versatile recipe that can be adapted into various forms like layer cakes, cupcakes, or even a champagne pound cake.
Enjoy baking and serving this delightful Champagne Cake – it’s the perfect way to add a touch of elegance and celebration to any event!
Here are some more fun bundt cake recipes to try!
- Red Velvet Pound Cake Recipe With Cream Cheese Glaze
- Coconut Pound Cake Recipe With Vanilla Glaze
- The Best Marble Bundt Cake
- Easy Lemon 7UP Bundt Cake
- Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Pound Cake
This Champagne Cake recipe is an elegant and sophisticated treat, perfect for special occasions, blending a rich, buttery base with the light, bubbly essence of champagne. Its delicate balance of almond and vanilla flavors makes it an ideal choice for celebrations like weddings, New Year's Eve, or Valentine’s Day.
- 1 ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 ½ cups white granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup champagne (or pink moscato)
- Icing Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a bundt cake pan with baking spray.
- In a large bowl add the butter and sugar. Blend together with a hand mixer.
- Then add the eggs two at a time, mixing in between each addition. Pour in the extracts with the last egg and mix.
- Add the salt and flour and mix into the wet ingredients until fully combined.
- Pour in the champagne. Use a rubber spatula to fold the champagne into the batter slowly and until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour this batter into the prepared bundt cake pan.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the bundt cake cool for about 10-15 minutes before removing from the pan and placing on a serving platter.
- Sift powdered sugar all over the top of the bundt cake.
- Cut, serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 645Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 154mgSodium 94mgCarbohydrates 94gFiber 1gSugar 62gProtein 8g
Before you go, grab Your Free Printable Recipe Kit!
Write down your favorite recipes and create your own personal cookbook of your favorite food creations!
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am an entrepreneur, a busy mama of 3 and a wife to my high school sweetheart. I have been sharing content for over 12 years about how to cook easy recipes, workout tips and free printables that make life a little bit easier. I have been featured in places like Yahoo, Buzzfeed, What To Expect, Mediavine, Niche Pursuits, HuffPost, BabyCenter, Mom 2.0, Mommy Nearest, Parade, Care.com, and more!
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t forget to grab your free fitness journal before you go!