Big Mac Tacos: A Delicious Fusion
Imagine taking the iconic flavors of a classic McDonald’s Big Mac and combining them with the fun and convenience of a taco. That’s exactly what this Big Mac Tacos recipe does, creating a viral recipe that’s sure to be a hit with the whole family. It’s perfect for Taco Tuesday or any day when you’re craving something deliciously different.
Here are the Ingredients you need for these yummy tacos:
- Ground Beef
- American Cheese Slices
- Pickles (preferably dill)
- White Onion, diced
- Iceberg Lettuce, shredded
- Small Flour Tortillas
- Sweet Pickle Relish
- Grated Onion
- Yellow Mustard
- White Vinegar
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Sesame Seeds (optional)
How do you make these viral big mac tacos? Here are the step by step directions:
In a mixing bowl, add the mayonnaise, pickle relish, grated onion, mustard, and vinegar all at once. Mix these ingredients together with a small whisk or spoon until combined.
Next add the paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and honey.
Mix together until all the seasonings are combined.
Prepare a station with the lettuce, pickles, onions, and copycat big mac sauce.
Split the ground beef into 4-5 balls. Flatten each into a thin and wide patty. Place in a frying pan.
Turn the heat to medium heat. Once the patty has browned and charred on one side, flip over. (Cook for about 2 minutes.)
Once flipped over, place the tortilla on top of the cooked side of the patty and press down hard to flatten the patty more.
Add the slice of cheese, and let melt while the tortilla cooks.
Remove the tacos from the heat and place on a plate. Top with pickles first, then shredded lettuce and last, the onions.
Drizzle on the big mac sauce made earlier and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas?
A: Absolutely! Corn tortillas can add a traditional taco touch. Just be mindful of the size of the tortilla to ensure it can hold all the yummy fillings.
Q: Is it possible to make a vegan version of the Big Mac sauce?
A: Yes, you can make a vegan Big Mac sauce by substituting the mayonnaise with a vegan alternative and ensuring other ingredients are vegan-friendly.
Q: Can I cook the beef patties on a griddle?
A: Definitely! Cooking the beef patties on a Blackstone griddle or similar surface will give them a delightful sear. Just smash them down to get that thin layer characteristic of smash burgers.
Q: How can I involve kids in this recipe?
A: Kids can help with assembling the tacos and adding their favorite toppings. Supervised, they can also help with simpler tasks like mixing the Big Mac sauce.
Where to Serve
Big Mac Tacos are perfect for casual gatherings, family dinners, or as a fun twist on game night snacks. They’re also great for outdoor events where a grill or griddle is available.
Store leftover ingredients separately in the fridge. Assembled tacos are best enjoyed fresh.
Tips for Making with Kids
- Let kids choose their own toppings.
- Use a rolling pin to gently flatten the beef into thin patties.
- Involve them in the mixing of the homemade Big Mac sauce.
- Supervise them closely if they’re helping with cooking on medium-high heat.
Why This Recipe Works
- Fusion Fun: Combining the flavors of a classic burger with the ease of a taco makes for an exciting meal.
- Customizable: Everyone can add their favorite toppings.
- Kid-Friendly: It’s a fun taco variation that kids will love helping with and eating.
- Social Media Worthy: This dish is a good choice for food bloggers and home cooks to share on platforms like TikTok, given its unique twist and visual appeal.
Making Big Mac Tacos
- Cook the Beef: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon. Season with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Prepare the Sauce: In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sweet relish, grated onion, yellow mustard, vinegar, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and a dash of honey to create the delicious Big Mac sauce.
- Assemble the Tacos: Warm tortillas on a griddle or in a medium skillet. Place a slice of American cheese on each tortilla, followed by the cooked beef, diced onion, pickles, and shredded lettuce. Drizzle with the homemade Big Mac sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve and Enjoy: Serve these delicious Big Mac Smash Burger Tacos immediately, paired with sides like french fries for the full Big Mac experience.
The Best Part
The best part of this recipe is its versatility and the joy it brings to the dinner table. It’s a delightful blend of familiar flavors served in a fun, new way. Whether you’re a seasoned home cook or trying new recipes, these Big Mac Tacos are sure to become a new favorite in your household.
Here are some more fun McDonald’s Themed Recipes:
- Easy and Delicious Shamrock Shakes (McDonalds Copycat)
- How To Make Copycat McDonald’s Chicken Nuggets At Home
- Copycat McDonald’s Apple Pies
- Easy McDonald’s Grimace Shake Recipe
Big Mac Tacos blend the classic flavors of a Big Mac with the fun of tacos, creating a delicious and easy-to-make dish perfect for family dinners or social gatherings. This viral recipe, featuring a homemade Big Mac sauce and smash burger-style beef, is a delightful twist on two beloved classics.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 5 slices american cheese
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 5 flour tortillas
- Big Mac Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons pickle relish
- 1 ½ tablespoons grated onion
- 1 ½ teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon honey
- In a mixing bowl, add the mayonnaise, pickle relish, grated onion, mustard, and vinegar all at once. Mix these ingredients together with a small whisk or spoon until combined.
- Next add the paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and honey. Mix together until all the seasonings are combined.
- Prepare a station with the lettuce, pickles, onions, and copycat big mac sauce.
- Split the ground beef into 4-5 balls. Flatten each into a thin and wide patty. Place in a frying pan.
- Turn the heat to medium heat. Once the patty has browned and charred on one side, flip over. (Cook for about 2 minutes.)
- Once flipped over, place the tortilla on top of the cooked side of the patty and press down hard to flatten the patty more.
- Let the other side of the patty cook until done, about another 2 minutes. Flip this over once more, so the tortilla can warm up and be crispy too. This will also help the dish fold better into tacos later on.
- Add the slice of cheese, and let melt while the tortilla cooks.
Amount Per Serving Calories 856Total Fat 61gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 41gCholesterol 121mgSodium 1131mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 3gSugar 6gProtein 35g
Before you go, grab Your Free Printable Recipe Kit!
Write down your favorite recipes and create your own personal cookbook of your favorite food creations!
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am an entrepreneur, a busy mama of 3 and a wife to my high school sweetheart. I have been sharing content for over 12 years about how to cook easy recipes, workout tips and free printables that make life a little bit easier. I have been featured in places like Yahoo, Buzzfeed, What To Expect, Mediavine, Niche Pursuits, HuffPost, BabyCenter, Mom 2.0, Mommy Nearest, Parade, Care.com, and more!
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t forget to grab your free fitness journal before you go!