This bananas foster french toast is so yummy and will become a favorite breakfast for banana lovers! Super simple ingredients and easy to make!
Have you ever had a bananas foster dessert? It’s so yummy and today you can incorporate that same delicious flavor into this bananas foster french toast casserole.
What is Bananas Foster anyway?
Bananas Foster is a dessert that was invented in the 1950s by Richard Foster at Brennan’s restaurant in New Orleans.
It was named after and created for the frequent customer and Secretary of the United States Department of Agriculture, bananas foster would become his most famous creation. The dish consists of sauteed bananas served over a big scoop of vanilla ice cream with a sauce made from butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, dark rum, banana liqueur, and lemon juice.
Where should I serve this amazing Bananas Foster French Toast?
The amazing flavor of bananas foster would be perfect for breakfast, brunch or even a late night snack! Bananas Foster French Toast is sure to please any and all who try it.
It makes a great breakfast casserole with delicious caramelized bananas over french toast slices. This bananas foster french toast recipe is great for special occasions.
If you are looking for a new fruity french toast bake breakfast recipe, you will enjoy this one!
What ingredients do you need for this Bananas Foster French Toast?
1 packed cup brown sugar 1/2 cup heavy cream
4 tablespoons butter Pinch salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2-3 medium ripe bananas, thinly sliced
1/2 loaf French bread, cut into cubes
4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon rum extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 tsp (Pinch) of salt
Powdered sugar or whipped cream And a drizzle of caramel
Basic ingredients that you can get at the grocery store!
I hope you enjoy this easy bananas foster french toast. It’s a great way to enjoy a Sunday morning! Check out the simple recipe in the recipe card below!
Easy Bananas Foster French Toast
This bananas foster french toast is so easy and delicious to make! Great for brunch and special occasions.
- Caramel topping:
- 1 packed cup brown sugar 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 medium ripe bananas, thinly sliced
- FRENCH TOAST
- 1/2 loaf French bread, cut into cubes
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp (Pinch) of salt
- Powdered sugar or whipped cream And a drizzle of caramel
- In a medium pan, melt butter, brown sugar, heavy cream and salt. Cook and stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Once sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Butter and 8*8-inch baking pan
- Pour caramel sauce into prepared pan and make sure it is evenly distributed.
- Thinly slice the bananas and evenly place over the sauce.
- Layer and evenly sprinkle half of the bread cubes over the bananas.
- Evenly distribute the cream cheese and chopped walnuts or pecans over the bread cubes. Cover the top with the remaining bread cubes.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and pinch of salt and whisk together until completely smooth and well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread.
- Gently press the bread down so that all of the bread can absorb the egg mixture.
- Cover casserole in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8 hours (overnight)
- To bake:
- When ready to bake, remove pan from refrigerator and leave it out on the counter for 30 mins. Preheat the oven to 350.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 mins
- Uncover and bake for an addition 15-20 mins until center is set.
- Let it cool in pan 5-10 minutes.
- To serve:
- Carefully flip the casserole over into a serving dish so that the caramel and banana are on the top.
- Slice and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 517Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 126mgSodium 329mgCarbohydrates 67gFiber 3gSugar 49gProtein 9g
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!
Pawaffle Toast – French Toast Waffle Pancakes
Amazing Chocolate Chip French Toast Bake Recipe
Easy Cinnamon Roll Pancakes Recipe For Brunch
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls With Cream Cheese Frosting
Funfetti Birthday Waffles – Celebrate With This Fun Waffle Recipe!
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!