It’s been a long time coming but finally friends, the Aladdin movie is here! Personally it’s been such a busy season for all of us, recitals, dance performances, work, doctors appointments—you name it. However, I have been watching the calendar super closely and waiting patiently for this movie to come out and omg it’s finally here! You guys know I like to celebrate Disney movies with treats (like this Disney Inspired Recipe) so I’m bringing a super fun and easy Aladdin Magic Carpet Snack Recipe. This Disney appetizer is simple and it is sure to please!
A thrilling and vibrant live-action adaptation of Disney’s animated classic, “Aladdin” is the exciting tale of the charming street rat Aladdin, the courageous and self-determined Princess Jasmine and the Genie who may be the key to their future. Directed by Guy Ritchie, who brings his singular flair for fast-paced, visceral action to the fictitious port city of Agrabah, “Aladdin” is written by John August and Ritchie based on Disney’s “Aladdin.” The film stars Will Smith as the Genie; Mena Massoud as Aladdin; Naomi Scott as Jasmine; Marwan Kenzari as Jafar; Navid Negahban as the Sultan; Nasim Pedrad as Dalia and Billy Magnussen as Prince Anders.
Three reasons why I am super excited for the Aladdin movie!
- Will Smith: Need I say anymore? He’s been one of my favorite actors since “The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air” and I have enjoyed pretty much every Will Smith Movie he has ever made. The Genie is such a fantastic character and I have no doubt that he will make the late Robin Williams proud.
- The Fashion: I love everything about the fashion of the Middle East. The beautiful vibrant colors, the saris, the gold, all of it! Disney has never let me down when it comes to costuming so I’m ready for the garb!
- My inner child: I remember very vividly seeing Aladdin with my mom as a child. I remember Peabo Bryson singing “A Whole New World” what seemed like every 5 minutes on the radio and me never getting tired of it. I remember the feeling that the movie gave me, the lessons it taught. Like Beauty and The Beast, I am thrilled this movie is being made into live action.
Bonus: I have my own little Princess Jasmine! <3
- Graham Crackers
- Cream Cheese or Frosting
- Fruit (I used strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries)
- Fruit Roll Up
- Purple Food Coloring
- If using cream cheese, soften at room temperature or in the microwave. Add in a few drops of purple food coloring, and beat until smooth. Do the same if using frosting.
- Cover as many graham crackers as you’d like with a thick layer of cream cheese or frosting, keeping it as smooth as possible.
- Slice several different fruits, and blot off excess juice with a paper towel.
- Arrange in the graham crackers in different patterns to represent Aladdin’s magic carpet.
- Enjoy immediately!